Aquaculture in Japan
Aquaculture in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan aquaculture market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aquaculture industry is defined as production through the farming of aquatic organisms, in both inland waters and marine areas, including: freshwater fish, marine fish, diadromous fish, molluscs, and crustaceans.
- The Japanese aquaculture industry had total revenues of USD 3,937.4m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry production volume increased with a CAGR of 3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 684.2 thousand tonnes in 2017.
- The traditional dietary habits of the Japanese people based on rice and fish have changed with the increasing consumption of meat and dairy products. Younger generations (under 40 years old) especially prefer meat to fish. However, fish products still provide 40% of the animal protein supply, according to the latest estimates from the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the aquaculture market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the aquaculture market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key aquaculture market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan aquaculture market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan aquaculture market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Japan aquaculture market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan aquaculture market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's aquaculture market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 25
Cermaq Group AS 25
Marine Harvest ASA 26
Maruha Nichiro Corporation 29
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan aquaculture industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Japan aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Figure 3: Japan aquaculture industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Japan aquaculture industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Japan aquaculture industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Japan aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the aquaculture industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the aquaculture industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the aquaculture industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the aquaculture industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the aquaculture industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the aquaculture industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 13: Marine Harvest ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Marine Harvest ASA: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Maruha Nichiro Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Maruha Nichiro Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan aquaculture industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Japan aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Table 3: Japan aquaculture industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Japan aquaculture industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Japan aquaculture industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Japan aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Table 7: Cermaq Group AS: key facts
Table 8: Marine Harvest ASA: key facts
Table 9: Marine Harvest ASA: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Marine Harvest ASA: key financials (EUR)
Table 11: Marine Harvest ASA: key financial ratios
Table 12: Maruha Nichiro Corporation: key facts
Table 13: Maruha Nichiro Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Maruha Nichiro Corporation: key financials (JPY)
Table 15: Maruha Nichiro Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 16: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: key facts
Table 17: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: key financials (JPY)
Table 19: Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 20: Japan size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Japan gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Japan inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: Japan exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"