Global Aquaculture industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global aquaculture market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aquaculture industry is defined as production through the farming of aquatic organisms, in both inland waters and marine areas, including: freshwater fish, marine fish, diadromous fish, molluscs, and crustaceans.
- The global aquaculture industry had total revenues of USD 226,487.7m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry production volume increased with a CAGR of 4.7% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 77,931.9 thousand tonnes in 2017.
- The Chinese aquaculture industry is by far the largest globally, accounting for 66.8% of the global value and 70.8% of volume in 2017. Norway is the largest salmon producer globally. Chile is the second largest salmon producer in the world after Norway, accounting for around a quarter of global farmed salmon.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the aquaculture market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalaquaculture market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key aquaculture market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global aquaculture market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global aquaculture market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global aquaculture market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global aquaculture market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's aquaculture market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 25
Cermaq Group AS 25
Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited 26
Marine Harvest ASA 29
Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd 32
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global aquaculture industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Figure 3: Global aquaculture industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global aquaculture industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Global aquaculture industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Global aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the global aquaculture industry, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the global aquaculture industry, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the global aquaculture industry, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global aquaculture industry, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global aquaculture industry, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global aquaculture industry, 2017
Figure 13: Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Marine Harvest ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Marine Harvest ASA: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Global aquaculture industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Global aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Table 3: Global aquaculture industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Global aquaculture industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Global aquaculture industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Global aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Table 7: Cermaq Group AS: key facts
Table 8: Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited: key facts
Table 9: Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited: key financials (CNY)
Table 11: Dahu Aquaculture Company Limited: key financial ratios
Table 12: Marine Harvest ASA: key facts
Table 13: Marine Harvest ASA: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Marine Harvest ASA: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: Marine Harvest ASA: key financial ratios
Table 16: Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd: key facts
Table 17: Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 19: Zhangzidao Group Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"