BorgWarner Inc (BWA)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
BorgWarner Inc (BorgWarner) is manufacturer of clean and efficient technology solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. Its products are used to improve vehicle performance, propulsion efficiency, stability and air quality. The company markets its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of light vehicles including passenger cars, sport-utility vehicles (SUVs), vans, and light trucks. It also serves to other OEMs of commercial vehicles and off-highway vehicles. The company manufactures and sells its products to certain major vehicle systems suppliers and aftermarket for light, commercial and off-highway vehicles. The company operates in the Europe, the Americas and Asia. BorgWarner is headquartered in Auburn Hills, the US.
BorgWarner Inc Key Recent Developments
Sep 25,2018: BorgWarner's growing hybrid and electric product portfolio delivers clean, efficient vehicle propulsion
Sep 21,2018: BorgWarner expands plant in TN, sets up new production line
Sep 18,2018: TOPC : Global Vehicle Manufacturers Choose BorgWarner's Heater Product Line for New Electric Vehicles[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ]
Sep 13,2018: TOPC : BorgWarner Provides High-performance Electric Drive Module (eDM) for New Electric Vehicles from Great Wall Motors[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ]
Sep 13,2018: TOPC : BorgWarner To Supply P2 On-axis Hybrid Modules to Two Leading Chinese Automakers[Newswire : FS-PRN]
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
BorgWarner Inc-Key Facts 6
BorgWarner Inc-Key Employees 7
BorgWarner Inc-Key Employee Biographies 8
BorgWarner Inc-Major Products and Services 9
BorgWarner Inc-History 10
BorgWarner Inc-Company Statement 15
BorgWarner Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
BorgWarner Inc-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Drivetrain 22
Business Segment: Engine 22
Geographical Segment: China 23
Geographical Segment: Europe 23
Geographical Segment: Mexico 23
Geographical Segment: Other foreign 23
Geographical Segment: South Korea 23
Geographical Segment: The US 23
R&D Overview 23
BorgWarner Inc-Corporate Strategy 25
BorgWarner Inc-SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis-Overview 26
BorgWarner Inc-Strengths 26
BorgWarner Inc-Weaknesses 27
BorgWarner Inc-Opportunities 28
BorgWarner Inc-Threats 29
BorgWarner Inc-Key Competitors 30
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 37
BorgWarner Inc, Recent Deals Summary 38
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 39
Sep 25, 2018: BorgWarner's growing hybrid and electric product portfolio delivers clean, efficient vehicle propulsion 39
Sep 18, 2018: TOPC : Global Vehicle Manufacturers Choose BorgWarner's Heater Product Line for New Electric Vehicles[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ] 41
Sep 18, 2018: TOPC : Global Vehicle Manufacturers Choose BorgWarner's Heater Product Line for New Electric Vehicles[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ] 42
Sep 13, 2018: TOPC : BorgWarner Provides High-performance Electric Drive Module (eDM) for New Electric Vehicles from Great Wall Motors[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ] 43
Sep 13, 2018: TOPC : BorgWarner Provides High-performance Electric Drive Module (eDM) for New Electric Vehicles from Great Wall Motors[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ] 44
Sep 13, 2018: TOPC : BorgWarner To Supply P2 On-axis Hybrid Modules to Two Leading Chinese Automakers[Newswire : FS-PRN] 45
Sep 13, 2018: TOPC : BorgWarner To Supply P2 On-axis Hybrid Modules to Two Leading Chinese Automakers[Newswire : FS-PRN] 46
Sep 13, 2018: TOPC : BorgWarner To Supply P2 On-axis Hybrid Modules to Two Leading Chinese Automakers[Newswire : FS-PRN] 47
Sep 06, 2018: BorgWarner Introduces Dual Volute Turbocharger for Gasoline Engines[TOPC : ML-BorgWarner Inc] 48
Aug 27, 2018: BorgWarner's high-voltage cabin heating technology improves cabin comfort for NIO ES8 electric SUV 49
Section 5-Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54
List of Figures
BorgWarner Inc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 35
BorgWarner Inc, Ratio Charts 37
List of Tables
BorgWarner Inc, Key Facts 6
BorgWarner Inc, Key Employees 7
BorgWarner Inc, Key Employee Biographies 8
BorgWarner Inc, Major Products and Services 9
BorgWarner Inc, History 10
BorgWarner Inc, Subsidiaries 19
BorgWarner Inc, Key Competitors 30
BorgWarner Inc, Ratios based on current share price 31
BorgWarner Inc, Annual Ratios 32
BorgWarner Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
BorgWarner Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
BorgWarner Inc, Interim Ratios 36
BorgWarner Inc, Recent Deals Summary 38
Currency Codes 50
Capital Market Ratios 50
Equity Ratios 51
Profitability Ratios 51
Cost Ratios 52
Liquidity Ratios 52
Leverage Ratios 53
Efficiency Ratios 53
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
BorgWarner Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"