Omron Corp (6645)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Omron Corp (Omron) manufactures and markets automation components. The company supports manufacturing innovation through advanced automation technologies and products and extensive customer support. It also offers social systems and healthcare equipment. The company provides built-in control components for automotive devices, commercial and customer devices, industrial equipment, environmental and energy devices, and built-in components for mobile devices. Its offerings includes electricity storage systems, solar power conditioners, electrical power measuring devices, uninterruptible power supplies, power protection devices, OEM development and manufacturing of electronic equipment among others. It manages its worldwide operations through its regional management centers in Japan, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and China. Omron is headquartered in Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan.
Omron Corp Key Recent Developments
Jul 26,2018: OMRON's first-quarter net sales climb 3.1%, to record JPY209.8 billion, driven by growth in core industrial automation business and healthcare business
Apr 26,2018: OMRON's Fiscal 2017 Net Income Jumps 37.3%, to Record JPY63.2 Billion
Apr 10,2018: OMRON wins 2017 Top 100 Global Innovators Award
Jan 31,2018: A New High-Voltage Inverter and Power Optimizer Solution Launching in Japan's PV Market by OMRON and SolarEdge
Apr 27,2017: OMRON reports lower annual income, provides guidance for 2018
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Omron Corp-Key Facts 6
Omron Corp-Key Employees 7
Omron Corp-Key Employee Biographies 9
Omron Corp-Major Products and Services 10
Omron Corp-History 12
Omron Corp-Company Statement 17
Omron Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2-Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Omron Corp-Business Description 21
Business Segment: Automotive Electronic Components Business (AEC) 21
Business Segment: Electronic and Mechanical Components Business (EMC) 21
Business Segment: Healthcare Business (HCB) 22
Business Segment: Industrial Automation Business (IAB) 22
Business Segment: Other 22
Business Segment: Social Systems Solution and Service Business (SSB) 23
Geographical Segment: Americas 23
Geographical Segment: Europe 23
Geographical Segment: Greater China 23
Geographical Segment: Japan 23
Geographical Segment: Southeast Asia and Others 24
R&D Overview 24
Omron Corp-Corporate Strategy 25
Omron Corp-SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis-Overview 26
Omron Corp-Strengths 26
Omron Corp-Weaknesses 27
Omron Corp-Opportunities 28
Omron Corp-Threats 29
Omron Corp-Key Competitors 30
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 37
Omron Corp, Recent Deals Summary 38
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 39
Jul 26, 2018: OMRON's first-quarter net sales climb 3.1%, to record JPY209.8 billion, driven by growth in core industrial automation business and healthcare business 39
Apr 26, 2018: OMRON's Fiscal 2017 Net Income Jumps 37.3%, to Record JPY63.2 Billion 40
Jan 31, 2018: A New High-Voltage Inverter and Power Optimizer Solution Launching in Japan's PV Market by OMRON and SolarEdge 41
Apr 27, 2017: OMRON reports lower annual income, provides guidance for 2018 42
Jan 31, 2017: OMRON announces director changes 43
Jan 31, 2017: OMRON announces director changes 44
Jan 19, 2017: Omron establishes ATC in Seoul, South Korea 45
Jan 19, 2017: Omron establishes ATC in Seoul, South Korea 46
Section 5-Appendix 47
Ratio Definitions 47
About GlobalData 51
Contact Us 51
List of Figures
Omron Corp, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 35
Omron Corp, Ratio Charts 37
List of Tables
Omron Corp, Key Facts 6
Omron Corp, Key Employees 7
Omron Corp, Key Employee Biographies 9
Omron Corp, Major Products and Services 10
Omron Corp, History 12
Omron Corp, Subsidiaries 18
Omron Corp, Key Competitors 30
Omron Corp, Ratios based on current share price 31
Omron Corp, Annual Ratios 32
Omron Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
Omron Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
Omron Corp, Interim Ratios 36
Omron Corp, Recent Deals Summary 38
Currency Codes 47
Capital Market Ratios 47
Equity Ratios 48
Profitability Ratios 48
Cost Ratios 49
Liquidity Ratios 49
Leverage Ratios 50
Efficiency Ratios 50
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Yokogawa Electric Corp
LSIS Co Ltd
Rockwell Automation Inc
Honeywell International Inc
Omron Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"