Airlines in India
Airlines in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport.
- The Indian airlines industry had total revenues of USD16.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 15.9% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 136.5 million passengers in 2017.
- The most crucial factor for the growth of the industry in recent years has been the emergence of the Indian economy which has led to an increased demand for flights based on the rising income of the population.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India airlines market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India airlines market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's airlines market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Air India Ltd. 26
Jet Airways (India) Ltd. 30
SpiceJet Limited 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: India airlines industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2013-17
Figure 3: India airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: India airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: India airlines industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: India airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in India, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in India, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in India, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in India, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in India, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in India, 2017
Figure 13: Air India Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Air India Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: SpiceJet Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: SpiceJet Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India airlines industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2013-17
Table 3: India airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2017
Table 4: India airlines industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: India airlines industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: India airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2017-22
Table 7: Air India Ltd.: key facts
Table 8: Air India Ltd.: key financials (USD)
Table 9: Air India Ltd.: key financials (Rs.)
Table 10: Air India Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 11: IndiGo: key facts
Table 12: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key facts
Table 13: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key financials (USD)
Table 14: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key financials (Rs.)
Table 15: Jet Airways (India) Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 16: SpiceJet Limited: key facts
Table 17: SpiceJet Limited: key financials (USD)
Table 18: SpiceJet Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 19: SpiceJet Limited: key financial ratios
Table 20: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Air India Ltd.
Jet Airways (India) Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"