Airlines in Singapore
Airlines in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport.
- The Singaporean airlines industry had total revenues of USD7.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry volume increased with a CAGR of 4.2% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 37.4 million passengers in 2017.
- The contribution of the airlines industry in the Singaporean economy is particularly important, estimated at over 11% of its GDP, according to IATA.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore airlines market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore airlines market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Singapore's airlines market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
The Emirates Group 26
Qantas Airways Limited 29
Singapore Airlines Ltd 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore airlines industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2013-17
Figure 3: Singapore airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Singapore airlines industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Singapore airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 13: The Emirates Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: The Emirates Group: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Qantas Airways Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Qantas Airways Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Singapore Airlines Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Singapore Airlines Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore airlines industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2013-17
Table 3: Singapore airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2017
Table 4: Singapore airlines industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Singapore airlines industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Singapore airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2017-22
Table 7: The Emirates Group: key facts
Table 8: The Emirates Group: key financials (USD)
Table 9: The Emirates Group: key financials (AED)
Table 10: The Emirates Group: key financial ratios
Table 11: Qantas Airways Limited: key facts
Table 12: Qantas Airways Limited: key financials (USD)
Table 13: Qantas Airways Limited: key financials (AUSD)
Table 14: Qantas Airways Limited: key financial ratios
Table 15: Singapore Airlines Ltd: key facts
Table 16: Singapore Airlines Ltd: key financials (USD)
Table 17: Singapore Airlines Ltd: key financials (SiUSD)
Table 18: Singapore Airlines Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 19: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The Emirates Group
Qantas Airways Limited
Singapore Airlines Ltd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"