American Airlines Group Inc (AAL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
American Airlines Group Inc (AAL)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
American Airlines Group Inc. (AAG) is a provider of passenger airline services. It provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo. The company operates hubs in Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington, D.C in the US. It also collaborates with third-party regional carriers to provide the regional jet and turboprop services. AAG also provides nonstop flights to transcontinental locations across Central and South America, Asia, Oceania and Europe. It also offers freight and mail services globally. The company also offers frequent flyer program under the brand, AAdvantage to improve passenger loyalty by providing awards to travelers for continued patronage. It also provides marketing services related to the sale of mileage credits in the AAdvantage program, membership fees and Admirals Club operations, and other miscellaneous service. AAG is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, the US.
American Airlines Group Inc Key Recent Developments
Sep 24,2018: American Airlines and Zoes Kitchen Add New Flavors to the Main Cabin Menu
Jul 26,2018: American Airlines Group Q2 adjusted earnings of USD 1.63 per share
Jul 23,2018: American Air unit to open Albany maintenance base
Jul 17,2018: American Airlines Names New Leadership for Operations
Jul 11,2018: American Airlines to axe plastic straws, stir sticks
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
American Airlines Group Inc-Key Facts 6
American Airlines Group Inc-Key Employees 7
American Airlines Group Inc-Key Employee Biographies 9
American Airlines Group Inc-Major Products and Services 10
American Airlines Group Inc-History 11
American Airlines Group Inc-Company Statement 18
American Airlines Group Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2-Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
American Airlines Group Inc-Business Description 21
Business Segment: Cargo 21
Business Segment: Mainline Passenger 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Other 22
Business Segment: Regional Passenger 22
Key Stats 22
Geographical Segment: DOT Atlantic 22
Target Markets 22
Geographical Segment: DOT Domestic 22
Target Markets 22
Geographical Segment: DOT Latin America 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: DOT Pacific 23
Target Markets 23
American Airlines Group Inc-Corporate Strategy 24
American Airlines Group Inc-SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis-Overview 25
American Airlines Group Inc-Strengths 25
American Airlines Group Inc-Weaknesses 26
American Airlines Group Inc-Opportunities 27
American Airlines Group Inc-Threats 29
American Airlines Group Inc-Key Competitors 30
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 37
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 38
Sep 24, 2018: American Airlines and Zoes Kitchen Add New Flavors to the Main Cabin Menu 38
Jul 17, 2018: American Airlines Names New Leadership for Operations 40
Apr 26, 2018: American Airlines Group Reports First-Quarter 2018 Profit 41
Apr 25, 2018: American Airlines Announces New Program to Recruit Next Generation of Pilots With Launch of Cadet Academy 43
Apr 25, 2018: American Airlines Announces New Program to Recruit Next Generation of Pilots With Launch of Cadet Academy 44
Apr 12, 2018: American Airlines Names Julie Rath Vice President of Customer Planning 45
Jan 25, 2018: American Airlines Group Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full Year 2017 Profit 46
Jul 03, 2017: American Airlines promotes Poonam Mohan to vice president 47
Jan 30, 2017: American Airlines Group reports Q4 and full year 2016 results 48
Jan 10, 2017: American Airlines appoints Hector Adler as senior vice president of product and service delivery 49
Section 5-Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54
List Of Figure
List of Figures
American Airlines Group Inc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 35
American Airlines Group Inc, Ratio Charts 37
List Of Table
List of Tables
American Airlines Group Inc, Key Facts 6
American Airlines Group Inc, Key Employees 7
American Airlines Group Inc, Key Employee Biographies 9
American Airlines Group Inc, Major Products and Services 10
American Airlines Group Inc, History 11
American Airlines Group Inc, Subsidiaries 19
American Airlines Group Inc, Key Competitors 30
American Airlines Group Inc, Ratios based on current share price 31
American Airlines Group Inc, Annual Ratios 32
American Airlines Group Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
American Airlines Group Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
American Airlines Group Inc, Interim Ratios 36
Currency Codes 50
Capital Market Ratios 50
Equity Ratios 51
Profitability Ratios 51
Cost Ratios 52
Liquidity Ratios 52
Leverage Ratios 53
Efficiency Ratios 53
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
American Airlines Group Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
The Emirates Group
United Airlines Inc
Southwest Airlines Co
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Frontier Airlines Holdings, Inc.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited
JetBlue Airways Corp
Spirit Airlines, Inc.