Tourism Case Study: Norwegian Air-Analysis of the low cost carrier's expansion and what can be learnt from it
GlobalData's "Tourism Case Study: Norwegian Air", discusses the low cost carrier's expansion and offers an insight into the key reasons behind the success of the company.
Within two decades, Norwegian has turned from a small regional airline with operations in Scandinavia into one of the largest and fastest growing low cost airlines globally, offering both short haul and long haul routes. The company has achieved to combine high quality and affordable prices, becoming among the top customer favorite globally. From its fuel-efficient fleet, the provision of free inflight Wi-Fi and the modern design of its aircrafts to the excellent service and ambitious expansion strategy, the airline stands out from its competitors.
- Norwegian is a disruptive force that re-invents the long haul travel experience
- The company, taking advantage of technological advancements, as well as thorough planning, is now able to offer low fares without significantly compromising quality
- Norwegian's entrance to the market has increased competition, hence, has benefiting consumers through lower air fares
- Norwegian's deep understanding of the needs of modern travelers, coupled with the never-ending adoption of innovation reminded legacy airlines that these two factors are essential for the sustained growth within aviation.
Reasons to buy
- This case study provides readers with insight into Norwegian Air's rise and what can be learnt from it.
- It highlights the key reasons that allowed the company to grow from a small regional airline into one of the best low cost carriers globally, highlighting the importance of innovation.
- It also discusses key issues that key players in aviation must consider in order to ensure their sustained growth.
Table of Contents
Snapshot: Norwegian Air
The rise of Norwegian Air
How did Norwegian become a major player in aviation?
What is to be learned from Norwegian's success?
What lies ahead for Norwegian?
Case study takeouts
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Norwegian Air, low cost carriers, aviation, innovation
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"