Air Freight in Australia
Air Freight in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia air freight market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The air freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by air.
- The Australian air freight sector had total revenues of USD1,293.4m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The international segment had the highest volume in the Australian air freight sector in 2017, with total sales of 1,306.5 million FTK, equivalent to 66.8% of the sector's overall volume.
- The Australian air freight sector should grow at a healthy pace in the coming years as demand for Australian exports such as fruits, coal and aluminum is set to continue further. Growing volume consumption levels in the domestic market will also boost value growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the air freight market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the air freight market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key air freight market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia air freight market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia air freight market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia air freight market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia air freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's air freight market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Deutsche Post AG 24
Qantas Airways Limited 28
Tasman Cargo Airlines Pty Limited 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia air freight sector value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia air freight sector volume: million FTK, 2013-17
Figure 3: Australia air freight sector category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: Australia air freight sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Australia air freight sector value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Australia air freight sector volume forecast: million FTK, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the air freight sector in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the air freight sector in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the air freight sector in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the air freight sector in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the air freight sector in Australia, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the air freight sector in Australia, 2017
Figure 13: Deutsche Post AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Deutsche Post AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Qantas Airways Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Qantas Airways Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia air freight sector value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia air freight sector volume: million FTK, 2013-17
Table 3: Australia air freight sector category segmentation: million FTK, 2017
Table 4: Australia air freight sector geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Australia air freight sector value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Australia air freight sector volume forecast: million FTK, 2017-22
Table 7: Deutsche Post AG: key facts
Table 8: Deutsche Post AG: key financials (USD)
Table 9: Deutsche Post AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Deutsche Post AG: key financial ratios
Table 11: Qantas Airways Limited: key facts
Table 12: Qantas Airways Limited: key financials (USD)
Table 13: Qantas Airways Limited: key financials (AUSD)
Table 14: Qantas Airways Limited: key financial ratios
Table 15: Tasman Cargo Airlines Pty Limited: key facts
Table 16: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Deutsche Post AG
Qantas Airways Limited
Tasman Cargo Airlines Pty Limited
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"