Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Costco Wholesale Corporation (Costco) owns and operates a chain of membership warehouses. These warehouses are primarily involved in offering various products that include groceries, candy, appliances, television and media, automotive supplies, tires, toys, hardware, sporting goods, jewelry, watches, cameras, books, housewares, apparel, health and beauty aids, tobacco, furniture, office supplies and office equipments at various competitive prices when compare to other wholesalers and retailers. In addition, it also owns and operates various self-service gas stations in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Spain and the UK. It also manages pharmacies, optical dispensing centers, food courts, and hearing-aid centers. Costco is headquartered in Issaquah, Washington, the US.
Costco Wholesale Corporation Key Recent Developments
Nov 23,2018: Costco Considering Launch Of Grocery Delivery Service
Nov 22,2018: Costco could launch UK online grocery delivery service
Nov 08,2018: New Costco opens in Henderson, people waiting in line
Oct 11,2018: Costco Defies Market, Posts Gains on Strong Sales
Oct 05,2018: US: Costco Just Misses Estimates With Q4 Growth
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Key Facts 5
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Key Employees 6
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 9
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Major Products and Services 10
Costco Wholesale Corporation-History 11
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Company Statement 14
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2-Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Business Description 21
Costco Wholesale Corporation-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Strengths 22
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Weaknesses 23
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Opportunities 24
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Threats 25
Costco Wholesale Corporation-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 34
Dec 15, 2017: Costco Wholesale reports first quarter fiscal year 2018 operating results 34
Sep 25, 2017: Costco Wholesale Pledges USD 25 Million To Improve Children's Health 35
Aug 10, 2017: Costco Wholesale elects new chairman 36
Jun 21, 2017: Costco breaks ground on USD 300m poultry processing plant in US 37
Jun 21, 2017: Costco breaks ground on USD 300m poultry processing plant in US 38
May 25, 2017: Costco Wholesale reports Q3 and year-to-date operating results for fiscal year 2017 39
Mar 02, 2017: Costco Wholesale Q2 net income down 40
Section 5-Appendix 41
Ratio Definitions 41
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 31
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Ratio Charts 33
List Of Table
List of Tables
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Key Facts 5
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Key Employees 6
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 9
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Major Products and Services 10
Costco Wholesale Corporation, History 11
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Other Locations 17
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Subsidiaries 18
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Key Competitors 26
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 27
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Annual Ratios 28
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Costco Wholesale Corporation, Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 41
Capital Market Ratios 41
Equity Ratios 42
Profitability Ratios 42
Cost Ratios 43
Liquidity Ratios 43
Leverage Ratios 44
Efficiency Ratios 44
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Costco Wholesale Corporation, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd
Empire Co Ltd
El Corte Ingles, SA
Best Buy Co, Inc.
Trader Joe's Company
Office Depot, Inc.
The Kroger Company
Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.
Organizacion Soriana, S.A.B. de C.V.
FEMSA Comercio, S.A. de C.V.
Woolworths Group Ltd
Brookshire Grocery Co
BJ's Wholesale Club Inc