Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey June-November 2018
GlobalData's "Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey June-November 2018", examines executives' opinions on the business outlook and procurement activities over June-November 2018. Organizations can know about key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations' digital transformation strategies. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company types.
Amid increasing awareness regarding the environment and public health, growing demand for sustainable packaging, improved technology, and rising competition, packaging companies are looking forward to expanding in the current market, developing new products, and improving operational efficiency over the next six months. Moreover, companies are expected to gain significant growth opportunities from emerging markets (such as China, India, and Mexico) and developed markets (such as the US, Germany, and Canada) during June-November 2018. Additionally, 33% of respondents anticipate their companies' global procurement budget to range more than USD1 million during June-November 2018. Respondents are expecting mergers and acquisitions to increase within the packaging industry over the next six months.
Furthermore, survey reveals that Internet of Things (IoT) and APIs and digital platforms are the key emerging technologies that are expected to gain investment in the packaging industry over the next two years.
What else does this report offer?
- Key business priorities: examines the packaging companies' important priorities for June-November 2018
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets which are expected to offer the significant growth over the next six months
- Change in M&A activity: analyzes packaging industry executives' opinions on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact manufacturers and suppliers
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
- Change in procurement activities: evaluates how procurement activities will change in the packaging industry over the next six months
- Procurement budget outlook: projects procurement budget allocation along with changes in procurement expenditure over June-November 2018
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected change in supplier prices over June-November 2018
- Organizations' digital transformation strategies: identifies executives' perspectives towards the scope, barriers, and essentials of the digital transformation within the packaging industry
- Prevalence of emerging technology: determines the expected technology to gain investment among packaging companies over the next two years.
- Expansion in the current market, new product development, and improving operational efficiency are the top three priorities for the packaging companies over the next six months
- Cost containment and responding pricing pressure are projected to be the leading concerns for the packaging industry during June-November 2018
- In total, 66% of respondents expect either an increase or a significant increase in capital expenditure for new product development over the next six months, and 58% expect the same for machinery & equipment purchases over the same period
- Overall, 75% of respondents who operate in North America anticipate supplier prices will increase somewhat during the coming next six months
- Survey reveals that 42% of respondents identify insufficient funding, and 39% see lack of specific skills and talents, as the most critical barriers that hinder the digital transformation within the packaging industry.
Reasons to buy
- Highlights key business priorities thus helping packaging companies to realign business strategy
- Develop or adjust business expansion plans by using significant growth-offering emerging and developed markets
- Helps enterprises by providing the insights into the changes in procurement budget allocations through procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for June-November 2018
- Implement effective price management by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for the next six months
- Identify the scope, challenges, and essentials for the digital transformation within the packaging industry.
Table of Contents
Methodology and sample size
Global Business Outlook in June 2018-November 2018
Strategic business priorities
Emerging markets with significant growth potential
Growth potential for developed markets
Mergers and acquisition
Leading business concerns
Capital expenditure projections
Procurement Behaviors and Strategies
Potential changes in procurement resources and objectives
Procurement activity outlook in key areas
Global procurement budget projections
Planned change in procurement expenditure
Supplier prices outlook
Digital Transformation and Emerging Technologies
Digital transformation strategy & scope
Barriers and essentials in digital transformation
List of Figures
Figure 1: Organizations' Top Priorities-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 2: Organizations' Top Five Priorities-By Region
Figure 3: Organizations' Top Five Priorities-By Company Types
Figure 4: Emerging Market with Significant Growth Opportunities-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 5: Top Five Emerging Market with Significant Growth Opportunities-By Region
Figure 6: Top Five Emerging Market with Significant Growth Opportunities-By Company Types
Figure 7: Developing Markets with Prominent Growth Prospects-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 8: Top Five Developing Markets with Prominent Growth Prospects-By Region
Figure 9: Top Five Developing Markets with Prominent Growth Prospects-By Company Types
Figure 10: Change in Mergers and Acquisitions-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 11: Change in Mergers and Acquisitions-Regional
Figure 12: Change in Mergers and Acquisitions-By Company Types
Figure 13: Major Concerns for Organizations-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 14: Top Five Major Concerns for Organizations-By Region
Figure 15: Top Five Major Concerns for Organizations-By Company Types
Figure 16: Change in Capital Expenditure in Key Areas-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 17: Procurement Resources and Objectives Expectations-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 18: Top Six Procurement Resources and Objectives Expectations-By Region & Company Types
Figure 21: Change in Procurement Activities in Strategic Areas-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 22: Change in Procurement Activities in Strategic Areas-By Region & Company Types
Figure 23: Global Procurement Budget Outlook-Overall and Regional (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 24: Global Procurement Budget Outlook-By Company Types
Figure 25: Change in Procurement Expenditure-Overall and Regional (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 26: Change in Procurement Expenditure-By Company Types (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 27: Supplier Prices Outlook-Overall and Regional (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 28: Supplier Prices Outlook- By Company Types (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 29: Digital transformation strategy-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 30: Digital transformation strategy-By Region
Figure 31: Digital transformation strategy-By Company Types
Figure 32: Scope of digital transformation-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 33: Scope of digital transformation-By Region and Company Types
Figure 34: Barriers to digital transformation-Overall, Regional and Company Types (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 32: Success factors for digital transformation-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 32: Success factors for digital transformation-By Region
Figure 32: Success factors for digital transformation-By Company Types
Figure 32: Emerging technology-Overall (June 2018-November 2018)
Figure 32: Emerging technology-By Region
Figure 32: Emerging technology-By Company Types
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Oliver Healthcare Packaging
DS Smith Plc
Business outlook, packaging procurement report, global packaging trends, packaging industry concerns, business priorities, emerging markets for packaging companies, developed markets for packaging suppliers, procurement objectives, budget, capital expenditure, supplier prices, digital transformation, emerging technologies, sustainable packaging, green initiatives, packaging research and analysis, new product development, packaging business growth prospects, packaging business outlook, packaging business report 2018
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"