ABN AMRO Group NV (ABN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
ABN AMRO Group NV (ABN)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
ABN AMRO Group N.V. (ABN AMRO) is a provider of retail, private and corporate banking products and services. Its retail portfolio includes a range of financial solutions such as mortgages, savings and deposits, consumer lending, commercial lending, credit cards, payments, investments, insurance, and financial planning. Private banking offers a wide range of wealth management solutions including specialized services, basic banking services, integrated financial advisory, and investment solutions. The corporate banking portfolio includes products such as asset-based solutions, capital market products, cash and liquidity management, clearing, commercial lending, and debt solutions, among others. The company has presence in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium, the UK, Norway, the US, Brazil, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, the UAE, and Australia. ABN AMRO is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
ABN AMRO Group NV Key Recent Developments
Jul 18,2018: ABN AMRO was named 'Best Bank in the Netherlands' during the 2018 Euromoney Awards for Excellence in London on 11 July 2018
Jul 12,2018: ABN AMRO appoints Tom de Swaan to supervisory board
Jun 12,2018: Green Pay, a new payment app, wins Beyond Banking Days
May 25,2018: ABN AMRO appoints Tom de Swaan as chairman of supervisory board
May 14,2018: ABN AMRO announces net profit of EUR595m for Q1 2018
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
ABN AMRO Group NV-Key Facts 6
ABN AMRO Group NV-Key Employees 7
ABN AMRO Group NV-Key Employee Biographies 8
ABN AMRO Group NV-Major Products and Services 9
ABN AMRO Group NV-History 10
ABN AMRO Group NV-Company Statement 15
ABN AMRO Group NV-Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2-Company Analysis 19
Company Overview 19
ABN AMRO Group NV-Business Description 20
Business Segment: Commercial Banking 20
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Corporate & Institutional Banking 20
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Group Functions 21
Business Segment: Private Banking 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Rest of Europe 21
Target Markets 21
Business Segment: Retail Banking 22
Key Stats 22
Business Segment: USA 22
Target Markets 22
Geographical Segment: Asia 22
Target Markets 22
Geographical Segment: Rest of Europe 22
Geographical Segment: Rest of the World 22
Target Markets 22
Geographical Segment: The Netherlands 23
Geographical Segment: USA 23
ABN AMRO Group NV-Corporate Strategy 24
ABN AMRO Group NV-SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis-Overview 25
ABN AMRO Group NV-Strengths 25
ABN AMRO Group NV-Weaknesses 26
ABN AMRO Group NV-Opportunities 27
ABN AMRO Group NV-Threats 28
ABN AMRO Group NV-Key Competitors 29
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 35
ABN AMRO Group NV, Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 37
Jun 12, 2018: Green Pay, a new payment app, wins Beyond Banking Days 37
Apr 24, 2018: DHT Holdings Announces USD485 Million Refinancing And Increase In Revolving Credit Facility 38
Mar 29, 2018: ABN AMRO awarded Green Bond lead manager of the year 39
Mar 14, 2018: ABN AMRO Publishes Integrated Annual Review 2017 And Annual Report 2017 40
Jan 22, 2018: ABN AMRO wins Investor Award at The Circulars 2018 41
Jan 16, 2018: ABN AMRO announces an Update on fourth quarter results 42
Nov 23, 2017: Sasol signs five-year revolving credit facility for USD3.9bn 43
Nov 08, 2017: ABN AMRO reports net profit of EUR 673 million for Q3 2017 44
Nov 08, 2017: ABN AMRO private banking unit underlying profit increases in Q3 45
Nov 08, 2017: ABN AMRO private banking unit underlying profit increases in Q3 46
Section 5-Appendix 47
Ratio Definitions 47
About GlobalData 51
Contact Us 51
List Of Figure
List of Figures
ABN AMRO Group NV, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 33
ABN AMRO Group NV, Ratio Charts 35
List Of Table
List of Tables
ABN AMRO Group NV, Key Facts 6
ABN AMRO Group NV, Key Employees 7
ABN AMRO Group NV, Key Employee Biographies 8
ABN AMRO Group NV, Major Products and Services 9
ABN AMRO Group NV, History 10
ABN AMRO Group NV, Other Locations 17
ABN AMRO Group NV, Subsidiaries 17
ABN AMRO Group NV, Key Competitors 29
ABN AMRO Group NV, Ratios based on current share price 30
ABN AMRO Group NV, Annual Ratios 31
ABN AMRO Group NV, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 32
ABN AMRO Group NV, Interim Ratios 34
ABN AMRO Group NV, Recent Deals Summary 36
Currency Codes 47
Capital Market Ratios 47
Equity Ratios 48
Profitability Ratios 48
Cost Ratios 49
Liquidity Ratios 49
Leverage Ratios 50
Efficiency Ratios 50
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
ABN AMRO Group NV, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Credit Industriel et Commercial
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc