Credit Cards in Germany
Credit Cards in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany credit cards market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The credit cards profile covers the consumer credit market.
- The German credit cards sector had total balances outstanding of USD5.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The growth of the sector in recent years has been driven by increasing penetration of credit cards as the form of credit is still in its infancy in Germany due to a prevalent cash culture. Moreover, the relaxed monetary policy in the Eurozone, especially since 2015, has stimulated demand for credit as interest rate charges have fallen significantly.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the credit cards market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the credit cards market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key credit cards market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany credit cards market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany credit cards market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany credit cards market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany credit cards market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Germany's credit cards market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 9
Market Outlook 10
Market value forecast 10
Five Forces Analysis 11
Buyer power 12
Supplier power 13
New entrants 14
Threat of substitutes 16
Degree of rivalry 17
Leading Companies 18
Deutsche Kreditbank AG 18
DZ Bank 21
Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 28
Country data 28
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany credit cards market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany credit cards market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany credit cards market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 4: Forces driving competition in the credit cards market in Germany, 2017
Figure 5: Drivers of buyer power in the credit cards market in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of supplier power in the credit cards market in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the credit cards market in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the credit cards market in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the credit cards market in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Deutsche Kreditbank AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 11: Deutsche Kreditbank AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 12: DZ Bank: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: DZ Bank: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany credit cards market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany credit cards market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Germany credit cards market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 4: Deutsche Kreditbank AG: key facts
Table 5: Deutsche Kreditbank AG: key financials (USD)
Table 6: Deutsche Kreditbank AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 7: Deutsche Kreditbank AG: key financial ratios
Table 8: DZ Bank: key facts
Table 9: DZ Bank: key financials (USD)
Table 10: DZ Bank: key financials (EUR)
Table 11: DZ Bank: key financial ratios
Table 12: Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg: key facts
Table 13: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Deutsche Kreditbank AG
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"