Local and co-operative banks, such as the Sparkassen and Volksbanken Raiffeisenbanken, dominate the retail banking market in Germany, with private commercial banks having a much smaller presence. Consumers strongly favor providers with good reputations, and personal recommendations are particularly important to younger age groups. Branches remain the most used acquisition channel across all products, although satisfaction levels for ongoing interactions are higher for digital than human channels.
- The Sparkassen, or savings banks, are the leading providers of retail financial services to German consumers. 40% of consumers used online as their main acquisition channel during 2013-16 compared to just 23% during 2010-12. With the exception of Deutsche Bank, the largest current account providers all have positive Net Promoter Score ratings.
- Among post-family consumers, branch location and reputation are by far the most important factors for choosing a savings provider, cited by 65% and 70% respectively.
- However, these factors are of less relative importance to pre- and younger family consumers, who instead give the greatest weighting to personal recommendations.
70% of mortgages are arranged directly with the lender, although results indicate that direct arrangement has declined over time, from around 80% of cases pre-2007 to 60% during 2013-16.
- Results suggest that branches are used as the main arrangement channel in around two thirds of cases, with online used in around one in five instances.
Verdict Financial's "Retail Banking Country Snapshot: Germany 2016" reviews the retail banking sector in Germany, with a particular focus on the current account, savings, mortgage, and personal loans markets. It includes both market-level data and insight from our global Retail Banking Insight Survey.
The report offers insight into:
- How consumers in Germany take out and use their financial products, and how this has changed in recent years.
- Which providers dominate the current account, savings, mortgage, and loan markets, and what factors persuaded their customers to choose them.
- The extent to which consumers are using online and mobile channels to research, take out, and use their financial products.
Reasons to Buy
- Future proof your strategy with market sizing, forecasts, and analysis of key developments currently affecting the UK retail banking sector.
- Target consumers with inside knowledge of their true behaviors and attitudes, with detailed analysis from our proprietary insight.
- Learn about the impact that new entrants and distribution channels will have on the market.
Bank infrastructure & regulation
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, personal loans, online, mobile
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"
We would like to appreciate Ken Research for their great efforts and wonderful support in providing the Market Intelligence Report for ITPC. The information, statistics and research are well understandable and very clear to the point. We are happy with Ken research for their good client service, on-time delivery of the report and as said the report itself. Thank you Ken research for bringing the valuable output for us. We would be looking forward to have more research with you in the near future. Wish you a success in your business!... "Jestin Mathew, Indonesian Trade Promotion Center"