Alternative Payment Solution: Circle
Circle is a payment solution provider that offers a P2P payment solution, as well as facilitating trading and investment in cryptocurrencies. The P2P solution is offered through its Circle Pay brand, while cryptocurrency-related services are offered through three brands: Circle Invest, Circle Trade, and Poloniex.
Launched in 2013, Circle Pay allows users to transfer money in currencies including US dollars, pound sterling, and euros. To transfer funds, both sender and recipient need to download the Circle Pay app (available on Android and iOS phones) and create an account. Funds can be loaded to the account via debit card or bank account. Users can then send money by selecting the recipient's mobile phone number from their contact list. The service is now supported in 29 countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
Its Circle Invest app enables users to invest in cryptocurrency including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum through its platform. In addition, users can also trade cryptocurrency on its over-the-counter trading platform Circle Trade and its digital currency exchange Poloniex.
Circle has raised around USD 250m in funding since its inception from investors including Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital Partners, Breyer Capital, Accel Partners, General Catalyst Partners, Baidu, CICC Alpha, and CreditEase.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Circle including-
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- In October 2013, Circle was launched in the US.
- In September 2016, Circle introduced its iMessage money transfer service, allowing users to transfer money in US dollars, euros, and pound sterling via Apple's iMessage texting service.
- In March 2018, launched digital investment app Circle Invest in the US.
- In October 2018, launched Collections for Circle invest. The feature enables users to invest in one or more collections of crypto assets.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Circle's business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Products & Services
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
IDG Capital Partners
General Catalyst Partners
Circle, Alternative payments, P2P transfers, Trading and investments
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"