Alternative Payment Solution: Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay is a mobile payment solution launched by Samsung in August 2015. At present the solution is available in 24 markets outside South Korea. Samsung Pay is available for the following Samsung products in the US: Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S7 Active, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy S6 Active, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Note8, and Galaxy Note5 as well as Samsung Gear S2 Sport, S2 Classic, S3 Frontier, S3 Classic, Galaxy Watch, and Sport watches.
Samsung Pay is the first mobile payment offering that supports NFC, magnetic secure transmission, and barcode scanning in a single solution. It supports all major card schemes, including American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and China UnionPay. It is supported by more than 1,700 international and regional banks and credit unions in the US, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Capital One, PNC, and TD Bank. Users can store details of multiple debit, credit, and store cards on Samsung Pay.
In addition to in-store payments, it supports online and in-app payments as well as cash withdrawals at ATMs. To expand its online payment services, Samsung Pay partnered with Visa to allow users to make payments at hundreds of online merchants that accept payments through Visa Checkout. In addition, in February 2017 it introduced the Samsung Pay Mini online payment solution in South Korea.
Furthermore, in December 2017 Samsung introduced a fund transfer service in South Korea that enables customers of Woori Bank, Shinhan Bank, and Hana Bank to transfer funds from one account to another using Samsung Pay.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Samsung Pay, including-
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- In August 2015, Samsung Pay was launched in South Korea.
- In April 2016, Samsung Pay introduced a new service allowing users to withdraw cash from ATMs without a physical card.
- In July 2017, the solution partnered with PayPal, allowing its users to link their PayPal accounts and make payments via Samsung Pay.
- In August 2018, Samsung Pay was launched in South Africa.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Samsung Pay's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Products & Services
Partner Banks and Financial Institutions in South Korea
Partner Banks and Financial Institutions
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Bank of America
and TD Bank
Samsung Pay, In-store payments, Online payments, In-app payments, Cash withdrawal at ATMs
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"