Banco Santander-Chile (BSANTANDER)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Banco Santander-Chile (BSC), a subsidiary of Banco Santander, S.A., is a provider of consumer and business banking, investment, insurance brokerage, and related financial solutions. It offers a range of accounts and deposits; debit and credit cards; foreign trade services; consumer and business loans and mortgages; transactional services; foreign exchange; and e-banking solutions. The company provides investment management, foreign currency forward contracts, stock brokerage, mutual funds and derivatives, securitization, investment banking, and financial advisory. It also provides factoring, treasury management, leasing, and guaranteed loans. The bank serves individuals, SMEs, corporates, government, institutional, and high net worth clients in Chile. BSC is headquartered in Santiago, Chile.
Banco Santander-Chile Key Recent Developments
Jul 26,2018: Banco Santander Chile reports Q2 2018 earnings
Jul 14,2018: Banco Santander Chile Announces New Independent Director to its Board
Apr 27,2018: Banco Santander Chile reports Q1 2018 earnings
Feb 28,2018: Banco Santander-Chile: New President of the Board of Directors, Claudio Melandri
Feb 01,2018: Banco Santander Chile reports Q4 2017 earnings
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Banco Santander-Chile-Key Facts 6
Banco Santander-Chile-Key Employees 7
Banco Santander-Chile-Key Employee Biographies 8
Banco Santander-Chile-Major Products and Services 9
Banco Santander-Chile-History 10
Banco Santander-Chile-Company Statement 11
Banco Santander-Chile-Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2-Company Analysis 15
Company Overview 15
Banco Santander-Chile-Business Description 16
Business Segment: Global Corporate Banking 16
Key Stats 16
Business Segment: Middle Market Banking 16
Key Strategies 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: Retail Banking 17
Key Strategies 17
Key Stats 18
Banco Santander-Chile-SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis-Overview 19
Banco Santander-Chile-Strengths 19
Banco Santander-Chile-Weaknesses 20
Banco Santander-Chile-Opportunities 21
Banco Santander-Chile-Threats 22
Banco Santander-Chile-Key Competitors 24
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 30
Banco Santander-Chile, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 32
Feb 28, 2018: Banco Santander-Chile: New President of the Board of Directors, Claudio Melandri 32
Oct 26, 2017: Banco Santander Chile announces third quarter 2017 earnings 33
Oct 26, 2017: Banco Santander Chile announces third quarter 2017 earnings 35
Aug 09, 2017: Mainstream's Chilean JV obtains USD 410m in project finance for two wind farms 37
Jul 31, 2017: Banco Santander Chile announces second quarter 2017 earnings 38
Jun 29, 2017: Banco Santander Chile announces appointment of Claudio Soto as Chief Economist 40
Apr 27, 2017: Banco Santander Chile announces first quarter 2017 earnings 41
Jan 30, 2017: Banco Santander Chile Q4 net income increases 43
Section 5-Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Figures
Banco Santander-Chile, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 28
Banco Santander-Chile, Ratio Charts 30
List of Tables
Banco Santander-Chile, Key Facts 6
Banco Santander-Chile, Key Employees 7
Banco Santander-Chile, Key Employee Biographies 8
Banco Santander-Chile, Major Products and Services 9
Banco Santander-Chile, History 10
Banco Santander-Chile, Other Locations 14
Banco Santander-Chile, Subsidiaries 14
Banco Santander-Chile, Key Competitors 24
Banco Santander-Chile, Ratios based on current share price 25
Banco Santander-Chile, Annual Ratios 26
Banco Santander-Chile, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 27
Banco Santander-Chile, Interim Ratios 29
Banco Santander-Chile, Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Itau CorpBanca S.A.
Banco del Estado de Chile
Banco de Credito e Inversiones SA
Banco de Chile
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Chile S.A.
Banco Santander-Chile, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"