Bulgaria: In-depth PEST Insights
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Bulgaria: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Bulgaria provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Bulgaria, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Bulgaria's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
- Understand the political system in Bulgaria through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Bulgaria through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Bulgaria through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Bulgaria through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Bulgaria in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Bulgaria perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Bulgaria perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Bulgaria perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments January 2017-May 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 11
Key political figures 11
Structure of government 11
Structure of legislature 11
Key policies 12
Foreign and defense policies 12
Governance indicators 12
Economic Landscape 14
Structure and policies 15
Financial system 15
GDP and growth rate 15
Fiscal situation 20
International investment position 21
Credit rating 21
Monetary situation 21
Social Landscape 24
Structure and policies 24
Demographic composition 24
Income distribution 27
Technological Landscape 29
Structure and policies 29
Intellectual property 29
Research and development 30
Opportunity sectors 30
Research and development 31
Ask the analyst 32
About MarketLine 32
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Bulgaria 9
Figure 2: Bulgaria-Key Political Events Timeline 10
Figure 3: Bulgaria-Key Political Figures 11
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP Growth in Bulgaria, 2007-2017 15
Figure 5: Bulgaria's GDP and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices), 2012-2022f 16
Figure 6: Sector Specific GDP in Bulgaria, 2017 17
Figure 7: Agricultural Output in Bulgaria, 2012-2017 18
Figure 8: Industrial Output in Bulgaria, 2012-2017 19
Figure 9: Services output in Bulgaria, 2012-17 20
Figure 10: Bulgaria's Balance of Trade Position, 2013-2017 21
Figure 11: Consumer price index and consumer price index-based inflation in Bulgaria, 2012-22f 22
Figure 12: Unemployment in Bulgaria, 2012-2022f 23
Figure 13: Major Religions in Bulgaria 26
Figure 14: Government Healthcare Expenditure in Bulgaria, 2011-2017 27
Figure 15: Government Education expenditure in Bulgaria, 2010-2016 28
Figure 16: Internet Usage and Growth, 2012-2016 31
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Bulgaria-Key facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Gender (% of Total Population), 2017 25
Table 3: Patents Received by Bulgaria from the USPTO, 2010-2015 29
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies