The card reigns supreme in Norway, with only 6% of the population using cash on a daily basis and most possessing a minimum of two payment cards. And although the market is one of the most mature in the world, further growth is expected for both pay-now and pay-later cards.
- Nearly half of all credit card balances are revolved each month. Income from balance-related interest and fees make the market profitable, as does the low churn rate.
- Online shopping is well established in Norway, and the NOK112bn spent in 2015 is set to double over the next five years.
- The rollout of contactless and NFC-enabled payment terminals has been slow in Norway, but consumers are interested in the technology - they just don't know where it can be used.
Verdict Financial's "Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Norway 2016" report examines the consumer payments market in Norway, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the regulations in force in the market that players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.
- Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by life stage.
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Norway are deploying these tools to meet customer needs
- Explores the online payment market in Norway by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Norway.
- Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
- Discover consumer sentiment towards various payment tools in the Norwegian market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Norwegian payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
PAYMENTS INFRASTRUCTURE & REGULATION
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Sparebank 1 Gruppen
P2P, regulation, payments, cash, digital wallets, disruption, fintech, Norway, Norwegian, Scandinavian, Nordic, credit, debit, charge, prepaid, online, e-commerce, m-commerce, mobile payments, interchange, POS, ATM
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"