Costa Rica: In-depth PEST Insights
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
Costa Rica: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Costa Rica provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Costa Rica, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Costa Rica's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
- Understand the political system in Costa Rica through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Costa Rica through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Costa Rica through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Costa Rica through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Costa Rica in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Costa Rica perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Costa Rica perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Costa Rica perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments January 2017-June 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 12
Key political figures 12
Structure of government 12
Key political parties 12
Composition of government 14
Key policies 14
Governance indicators 15
Economic Landscape 17
Structure and policies 18
Financial system 18
GDP and growth rate 20
GDP composition by sector 21
Fiscal situation 24
Current account 24
Foreign trade 24
International investment position 25
Monetary situation 25
Social Landscape 28
Structure and policies 28
Demographic composition 28
Income distribution 31
Technological Landscape 32
Structure and policies 32
Intellectual property 32
ICT sector 32
Telecommunications, broadband, and internet 33
Ask the analyst 34
About MarketLine 34
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Costa Rica 9
Figure 2: Costa Rica-Key Political Events Timeline 11
Figure 3: Costa Rica-Head of State and Government 12
Figure 4: Costa Rica-Distribution of Seats by Political Party in the 2018 Elections 14
Figure 5: Costa Rica-Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 2007-2017 18
Figure 6: Costa Rica-GDP and GDP Growth (USD Billion / %), 2012-2022f 20
Figure 7: Costa Rica-GDP by Sector (%), 2017 21
Figure 8: Costa Rica-Agricultural Output (CRC Trillion / %), 2012-2017 22
Figure 9: Costa Rica-Industrial Output (CRC Trillion / %), 2012-2017 23
Figure 10: Costa Rica-Services Output (CRC Trillion / %), 2012-2017 24
Figure 11: Costa Rica-Trade Position (USD Billion), 2013-2017 25
Figure 12: Costa Rica-Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-Based Inflation, 2012-2022f 26
Figure 13: Costa Rica-Unemployment (Thousands), 2012-2022f 27
Figure 14: Costa Rica-Major Religions (%), 2018 30
Figure 15: Costa Rica-Healthcare Expenditure (USD Billion / %), 2011-2017 31
Figure 16: Costa Rica-Internet Users and Penetration (millions / %), 2012-2016 33
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Costa Rica-Key Facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Costa Rica-Population by Age (as a Percentage of the total Population), 2017 29
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company