Cyprus: In-depth PEST Insights
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
Cyprus: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Cyprus provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Cyprus, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Cyprus's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
- Understand the political system in Cyprus through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Cyprus through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Cyprus through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Cyprus through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Cyprus in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Cyprus perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Cyprus perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Cyprus perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments in January 2017-September 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 11
Key political figures 11
Structure of government 12
Key policies 14
Foreign and defense policies 14
Governance indicators 14
Economic Landscape 16
Structure and policies 17
Financial system 17
GDP and growth rate 18
Fiscal situation 22
International investment position 23
Social Landscape 26
Structure and policies 26
Demographic composition 26
Social welfare 29
Technological Landscape 31
Structure and policies 31
Research and development 31
Ask the analyst 33
About MarketLine 33
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Cyprus 9
Figure 2: Cyprus-key political events timeline 11
Figure 3: Cyprus-key political figure 11
Figure 4: Distribution of seats by political parties in the 2016 elections of Cyprus 13
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Cyprus, 2007-2017 17
Figure 6: GDP and GDP growth rate of Cyprus (constant prices), 2012-22f 18
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Cyprus, 2017 19
Figure 8: Agricultural output in Cyprus, 2012-17 20
Figure 9: Industrial output in Cyprus, 2012-17 21
Figure 10: Services output in Cyprus, 2012-17 22
Figure 11: Cyprus's balance of trade position, 2013-17 23
Figure 12: Consumer price index (CPI) and CPI-based inflation in Cyprus, 2012-22f 24
Figure 13: Unemployment in Cyprus, 2012-22f 25
Figure 14: Major religions in Cyprus 28
Figure 15: Expenditure on healthcare in Cyprus, 2011-17 29
Figure 16: Government expenditure on education in Cyprus, 2010-16 30
Figure 17: Internet users in Cyprus, 2012-16 32
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Cyprus-key facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2017 27
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company