Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd (388)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd (HKEx) owns and operates the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and Hong Kong Futures Exchange Limited, and London Metal Exchange in the UK. It provides facilities for trading and clearing securities and derivatives in commodities, fixed income, equities, and currency. The service portfolio comprises listing, trading, clearing, market data feeds, benchmark pricing, and hosting and connectivity services. The company also operates five clearing houses, Hong Kong Securities Clearing Company Limited, HKFE Clearing Corporation Limited, the SEHK Options Clearing House Limited and LME Clear Limited, OTC Clearing Hong Kong Limited. It conducts its business under primary market and secondary market; and offers support services. HKEx is headquartered in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd Key Recent Developments
Jun 20,2018: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Re-appointment of Chief Executive Approved
Jun 13,2018: HKEX renews contract of chief executive
May 10,2018: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing announces appointment of Members to the Consultative Panels
May 07,2018: Appointment of Chairman Approved
May 04,2018: HKEX names Roland Chai as group risk officer
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Key Facts 6
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Key Employees 7
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 8
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Major Products and Services 10
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-History 12
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Company Statement 16
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Cash 22
Key Stats 22
Business Segment: Clearing 22
Key Stats 23
Business Segment: Commodities 23
Key Stats 23
Business Segment: Corporate 23
Business Segment: EFD 24
Key Stats 24
Business Segment: Platform and Infrastructure 24
Geographical Segment: Hong Kong 24
Geographical Segment: The UK 25
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Corporate Strategy 26
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis-Overview 27
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Strengths 27
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Weaknesses 28
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Opportunities 29
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd-Threats 30
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 37
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 38
Jun 20, 2018: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Re-appointment of Chief Executive Approved 38
May 10, 2018: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing announces appointment of Members to the Consultative Panels 39
May 07, 2018: Appointment of Chairman Approved 41
Nov 08, 2017: HKEX 2017 third quarter results 42
Jun 14, 2017: HKEX and Calypso receive Best OTC Clearing and Risk Management System Implementation award 43
Jun 02, 2017: HKEX announces management changes 44
May 11, 2017: HKEX announces 2017 first quarter results 45
Apr 21, 2017: HKEX and LME announce new chief executive of LME 47
Feb 27, 2017: HKEX announces 2016 final results 48
Section 5-Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54
List of Figures
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 35
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Ratio Charts 37
List of Tables
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Key Facts 6
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Key Employees 7
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Major Products and Services 10
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, History 12
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Other Locations 19
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Subsidiaries 20
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 31
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Annual Ratios 32
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, Interim Ratios 36
Currency Codes 50
Capital Market Ratios 50
Equity Ratios 51
Profitability Ratios 51
Cost Ratios 52
Liquidity Ratios 52
Leverage Ratios 53
Efficiency Ratios 53
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"