Payment Company Profile: WePay
WePay is a US-based online payment service provider that enables e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, and crowdfunding platforms to accept payments for products and services offered through their websites or mobile apps.
Founded in the US in 2008, it was expanded to Canada in 2015 and to the UK in 2016. It is now part of JP Morgan Chase following its acquisition by the latter in October 2017. WePay serves millions of businesses globally, including online merchants, marketplaces, and platforms. Prominent brands that support WePay include BigCommerce, Constant Contact, and GoFundMe.
The solution enables clients to accept a wide range of web-based payments through bank accounts, payment cards from major scheme providers including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, as well as Apple Pay. In addition to payment processing, WePay aids online marketplaces in the onboarding of individual merchants, and managing payouts between several sellers.
In addition to online payments, the solution enables merchants to accept in-store payments via mobile point of sale (mPOS) terminals. The solution offers in-store payments in collaboration with POS provider ROAM, which is part of Ingenico Group. The mPOS solution enables merchants to accept chip-based, magnetic strip, and manually keyed payments.
The report provides information and insights into payment company profile WePay including-
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- WePay offers an integrated payment solution designed for e-commerce platforms/marketplaces and crowdfunding websites.
- WePay offers mPOS terminals to merchants in collaboration with ROAM, enabling merchants to accept in-store payments.
- In December 2017, JPMorgan Chase completed the acquisition of WePay.
- In October 2018, WePay announced a relocation of its headquarter to Palo Alto, California.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into WePay's business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
WePay Integration Process
Products & Services
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
JP Morgan Chase
WePay, Alternative payments, Online payments, In-store payments
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"