PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report-Mexico
Five major federal entities of Mexico generate around 45% of the country's GDP and comprise 39% of the country's population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 23.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (22.3%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (21.0%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 8.1%, 8.2% and 7.6%, respectively, in 2018.
- As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Mexico's infrastructure ranks 51st out of the total 137 nations
- Mexico's total FDI increased in 2017 with significant contribution from North America and European Union (EU)
- National Infrastructure Plan worth USD 590 bn has been adopted by the Government of Mexico during the period 2014-2018.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 02
List of Exhibits 03
Did you Know? 04
Country Highlights 05
Country Snapshot 07
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Mexico's Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: IPC MEXICO 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, 2014-2017 16
Exhibit 7: FDI Inflows by Federal Entity (2017) and by Countries & Economic Area in USD Bn, 2013-2017 16
Exhibit 8: Foreign Investment by Sector 2013-2017 and Industry Split 2017 18
Exhibit 9: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 12: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017 26
Exhibit 15: Vehicles, % Share in World's Total, 2017 26
Exhibit 16: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate 28
Exhibit 18: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment 31
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages 31
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index 31
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 25: Gender Split 32
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 34
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 35
Exhibit 28: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports), 2016 35
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Mexico 2018 36
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Mexico, investments, elections, FDI, PESTLE, sectors, GlobalData Country Risk Index, economic growth, technology, corruption, environmental treaties
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"