Power Corporation of Canada (POW)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Power Corporation of Canada (Power Corporation) is a diversified international management and holding company, which holds interests in companies in communications, financial services, renewable energy, and other business sectors. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides a range of retirement and investment services, life insurance, reinsurance, investment management services, asset management and health insurance to individuals, businesses, and other private and public companies. It is also focuses on specialty minerals; testing, inspection and certification; cement, aggregates and concrete; oil, gas and alternative energies; wines and spirits; materials technology and recycling; and design and distribution of sportswear. The company's operations are spanned across the US, Canada and Europe. Power Corporation is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
During FY2016, the company reported gross written premium of CAD35,050 million, an increase of 24.6% over FY2015. Its net premium income was CAD31,125 million, an increase of 27.0% over FY2015.
Power Corporation of Canada Key Recent Developments
May 11,2018: Power posts Q1 2018 financial results
Mar 23,2018: Power Corporation of Canada posts Q4 and 2017 results
Dec 15,2017: Power Corporation announces the retirement of Henri-Paul Rousseau
Oct 24,2017: UPDATE 1-Investor urges Power Corp to sell CUSD10 bln in assets
Aug 04,2017: Power Corporation reports second quarter and six-month financial results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Power Corporation of Canada-Key Facts 6
Power Corporation of Canada-Key Employees 7
Power Corporation of Canada-Key Employee Biographies 8
Power Corporation of Canada-Major Products and Services 9
Power Corporation of Canada-History 10
Power Corporation of Canada-Company Statement 11
Power Corporation of Canada-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
Power Corporation of Canada-Business Description 19
Business Segment: IGM Financial 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Lifeco 19
Business Segment: Pargesa 19
Geographical Segment: Canada 20
Target Markets 20
Geographical Segment: Europe 20
Target Markets 20
Geographical Segment: US 20
Power Corporation of Canada-Corporate Strategy 21
Power Corporation of Canada-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Power Corporation of Canada-Strengths 22
Power Corporation of Canada-Weaknesses 23
Power Corporation of Canada-Opportunities 24
Power Corporation of Canada-Threats 25
Power Corporation of Canada-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Power Corporation of Canada, Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 34
Dec 15, 2017: Power Corporation announces the retirement of Henri-Paul Rousseau 34
Aug 04, 2017: Power Corporation reports second quarter and six-month financial results 35
Mar 24, 2017: Power Corporation of Canada Q4 net earnings increase 37
Section 5-Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List of Figures
Power Corporation of Canada, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 30
Power Corporation of Canada, Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Power Corporation of Canada, Key Facts 6
Power Corporation of Canada, Key Employees 7
Power Corporation of Canada, Key Employee Biographies 8
Power Corporation of Canada, Major Products and Services 9
Power Corporation of Canada, History 10
Power Corporation of Canada, Other Locations 16
Power Corporation of Canada, Subsidiaries 16
Power Corporation of Canada, Key Competitors 26
Power Corporation of Canada, Ratios based on current share price 27
Power Corporation of Canada, Annual Ratios 28
Power Corporation of Canada, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Power Corporation of Canada, Interim Ratios 31
Power Corporation of Canada, Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Street Capital Group Inc
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc
Manulife Financial Corporation
Power Corporation of Canada, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"