Big Data in Insurance-Thematic Research
Insurance is a highly data-intensive industry, making it extremely important for insurers to manage large volumes of data from both traditional and non-traditional sources. As a result, many insurers are spending significant amounts on building Big Data capabilities, finding that Big Data analytics can have an impact on nearly all insurance processes, from product development to claims management. The objective should be to identify areas where Big Data can make a difference and create value for both insurers and the insured. Technology vendors are also aware of Big Data's ability to deliver business insights. Simplification, cost reduction and revenue growth are the three key drivers behind Big Data's adoption in the insurance industry.
- This report analyses the impact of big data on the insurance industry.
- It analyses how insurers are spending significant amounts on building their big data capabilities, finding that big data analytics can have an impact on nearly all insurance processes, from product development to claims management.
- Simplification, cost reduction and revenue growth are being seen as the three key drivers behind big data's adoption in the insurance industry.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the market-leading players in each category of the big data value chain.
- It identifies the main trends expected over the next two years in the big data theme.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining how data center computing is at the heart of virtually everything done online.
- The report discusses the impact of big data on insurance through recommendations for both insurers and technology providers.
- The report explores the key segments of the big data value chain and its value to consumers and businesses.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining how big data combines traditional data management technologies with new forms of data processing that are better suited to modern formats.
Table of Contents
Data Trends 4
Industry Growth Drivers 5
Hardware Trends 6
Software Trends 8
Big Data Trends in the Insurance Sector 8
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 12
Mergers and Acquisitions 15
THE IMPACT OF BIG DATA ON INSURANCE 18
Recommendations on Big Data for (Re)Insurers 20
Recommendations on Big Data for Technology Vendors 20
VALUE CHAIN 21
COMPANIES SECTION 23
Public Tech Companies 23
Private Tech Companies 27
Insurance Companies 29
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 30
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 35
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Alpine Data Labs
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"