Employee Benefits in the UK 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Employee Benefits in the UK 2018
The UK has one of the most comprehensive and well-established welfare systems in the world. It is predominantly controlled by the social security system. Welfare benefits in the country are disbursed under various schemes, such as cash benefits, healthcare, education, housing and personal social services. Cash benefits are classified into three subgroups: national insurance; means-tested; and non-contributory benefits.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in UK, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in UK, detailed information about the private benefits in UK, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in UK.
- The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for the functioning of the overall social security system.
- Most private benefit plans in the UK are voluntary in nature (excluding work injury, maternity benefit and redundancy pay).
- A person's national insurance contribution is determined based on their income.
- The DWP operates through its four main organizations: Jobcentre Plus, the Pension Service, the Child Support Agency, the Child Maintenance Service and Child Maintenance Options.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in UK.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in UK.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in UK.
- Assess UK's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in UK.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing UK's employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN THE UK
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of Retirement Plans
6.1.6 Payment Options
6.1.7 Employee and Employer Contributions
6.2 Death in Service
6.2.4 Payment Options
6.2.5 Employer and Employee Contributions
6.3 Long-term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment Options
6.3.5 Employee and Employer Contributions
6.4 Short-term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4 Payment Options
6.4.5 Typical Employer Practice
6.4.6 Employee and Employer Contribution
6.5 Medical Benefits
6.5.4 Typical Employer Practice
6.6 Workmen's Compensation
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Employee benefits in the UK, Retirement benefits, Death in service, Long-term disability benefits, Medical benefits, Workmen's compensation, Maternity and paternity benefits, Family benefits, Unemployment, Leave, Private benefits