HNB Assurance PLC (HASU.N0000) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
HNB Assurance PLC (HASU.N0000)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
HNB Assurance PLC (HNB), a subsidiary of Hatton National Bank PLC, is a provider life and general insurance products and related services. It offers life insurance products such as mortgage protection plan, retirement plan, group life plan, and child plan. The company offers general insurance products for property, personal accident, goods in transit, and health. It also offers home insurance, fidelity insurance, money in transit insurance, public liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, travel insurance, and workers compensation insurance. It also provides a range of takaful general insurance solutions. It sells and distributes its products through bancassurance channel, advisors, and direct and alternative channels. HNB is headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The company reported gross written premium of LKR7,821.5 million for the fiscal year ended December 2017 (FY2017), an increase of 17.5% over that in FY2016. Its net written premium was LKR6,720.9 million in FY2017, an increase of 16.3% over that in FY2016.
HNB Assurance PLC Key Recent Developments
May 22,2018: HNB Assurance Group announces results for Q1 2018
Feb 16,2018: HNB Assurance Group Ends Financial Year 2017 with a Superlative Growth
Jan 27,2018: Ravi Abeysuriya Appointed to the Board of HNB Assurance PLC
Dec 20,2017: HNB Assurance Wins Gold at the 53rd Annual Report Awards Ceremony
Nov 11,2017: HNBA Group delivers a solid performance during Q3 2017
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
HNB Assurance PLC-Key Facts 6
HNB Assurance PLC-Key Employees 7
HNB Assurance PLC-Key Employee Biographies 8
HNB Assurance PLC-Major Products and Services 10
HNB Assurance PLC-History 11
HNB Assurance PLC-Company Statement 13
HNB Assurance PLC-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
HNB Assurance PLC-Business Description 19
Business Segment: General Insurance 19
Key Strategies 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Life Insurance 19
Key Strategies 20
Key Stats 20
HNB Assurance PLC-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
HNB Assurance PLC-Strengths 21
HNB Assurance PLC-Weaknesses 22
HNB Assurance PLC-Opportunities 23
HNB Assurance PLC-Threats 24
HNB Assurance PLC-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 31
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 32
Feb 16, 2018: HNB Assurance Group Ends Financial Year 2017 with a Superlative Growth 32
Jan 27, 2018: Ravi Abeysuriya Appointed to the Board of HNB Assurance PLC 33
Dec 20, 2017: HNB Assurance Wins Gold at the 53rd Annual Report Awards Ceremony 34
Nov 11, 2017: HNBA Group delivers a solid performance during Q3 2017 35
Oct 04, 2017: HNB Assurance appoints Rajive Dissanayake to the boards of HNBA and HNBGI 36
Jun 02, 2017: HNBA and HNBGI appoint new CEO and managing director 37
May 17, 2017: HNB Assurance records a robust first quarter performance 38
Section 5-Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List Of Figure
List of Figures
HNB Assurance PLC, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 29
HNB Assurance PLC, Ratio Charts 31
List Of Table
List of Tables
HNB Assurance PLC, Key Facts 6
HNB Assurance PLC, Key Employees 7
HNB Assurance PLC, Key Employee Biographies 8
HNB Assurance PLC, Major Products and Services 10
HNB Assurance PLC, History 11
HNB Assurance PLC, Other Locations 16
HNB Assurance PLC, Subsidiaries 17
HNB Assurance PLC, Key Competitors 25
HNB Assurance PLC, Ratios based on current share price 26
HNB Assurance PLC, Annual Ratios 27
HNB Assurance PLC, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
HNB Assurance PLC, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
HNB Assurance PLC, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Union Assurance PLC
Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Ltd
Softlogic Life Insurance PLC
Janashakthi Insurance PLC
Amana Takaful PLC
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc