Insurance in Belgium
Insurance in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Belgium insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Belgian insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 34.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 17.6bn, equivalent to 50.9% of the market's overall value.
- The upshift of the market in 2014 was due to a hike in premium prices in non-life insurance, as the contradictory trends of reduced penetration and increased expenditure per capita in that year reveals.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Belgium
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Belgium
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Belgium insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Belgium insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Belgium insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Belgium insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Belgium's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
AG Insurance SA/NV 24
AXA SA 25
Ethias SA 30
KBC Group NV 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Tables
Table 1: Belgium insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Belgium insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Belgium insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Belgium insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Belgium insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: AG Insurance SA/NV: key facts
Table 7: AXA SA: key facts
Table 8: AXA SA: key financials (USD )
Table 9: AXA SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: AXA SA: key financial ratios
Table 11: Ethias SA: key facts
Table 12: KBC Group NV: key facts
Table 13: KBC Group NV: key financials (USD )
Table 14: KBC Group NV: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: KBC Group NV: key financial ratios
Table 16: Belgium size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Belgium gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Belgium gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Belgium inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Belgium consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Belgium exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Belgium insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Belgium insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Belgium insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Belgium insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Belgium insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Belgium, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Belgium, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Belgium, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Belgium, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Belgium, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Belgium, 2017
Figure 12: AXA SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: AXA SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: KBC Group NV: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: KBC Group NV: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
AG Insurance SA/NV
KBC Group NV
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Belgium
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"