Insurance in Brazil
Insurance in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Brazilian insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 83.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 46.9bn, equivalent to 56.3% of the market's overall value.
- Technological innovations are making life insurance policies more readily available to Brazilians. The website Bidu, for example, allows Brazilians to search, compare and purchase insurance online, which has proven especially popular with the 18-24 age group.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Brazil insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Brazil's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Banco Bradesco SA 24
Companhia de Seguros Alianca do Brasil 28
Itau Unibanco Holding SA 29
Mapfre Seguros 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Brazil insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Brazil insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Brazil insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Brazil insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Banco Bradesco SA: key facts
Table 7: Banco Bradesco SA: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Banco Bradesco SA: key financials (BRL)
Table 9: Banco Bradesco SA: key financial ratios
Table 10: Companhia de Seguros Alianca do Brasil: key facts
Table 11: Itau Unibanco Holding SA: key facts
Table 12: Itau Unibanco Holding SA: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Itau Unibanco Holding SA: key financials (BRL)
Table 14: Itau Unibanco Holding SA: key financial ratios
Table 15: Mapfre Seguros: key facts
Table 16: Brazil size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Brazil gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Brazil inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Brazil exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Brazil insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Brazil insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Brazil insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Brazil insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 12: Banco Bradesco SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Banco Bradesco SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Itau Unibanco Holding SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Itau Unibanco Holding SA: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Banco Bradesco SA
Companhia de Seguros Alianca do Brasil
Itau Unibanco Holding SA
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Brazil
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"