Insurance in Canada
Insurance in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Canadian insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 119.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The non-life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 68.0bn, equivalent to 56.8% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 3.1% over 2017-2022, which is expected to drive the market to a value of USD 139.1bn by the end of 2022.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Canada's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Assurant, Inc. 24
Intact Financial Corporation 28
Knights of Columbus 31
Torchmark Corporation 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Canada insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Canada insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Canada insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Canada insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Assurant, Inc.: key facts
Table 7: Assurant, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Assurant, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Intact Financial Corporation: key facts
Table 10: Intact Financial Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Intact Financial Corporation: key financials (CUSD )
Table 12: Intact Financial Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 13: Knights of Columbus: key facts
Table 14: Torchmark Corporation: key facts
Table 15: Torchmark Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Torchmark Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 17: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Canada gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Canada insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Canada insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Canada insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Canada insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Canada, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Canada, 2017
Figure 12: Assurant, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Assurant, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Intact Financial Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Intact Financial Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Torchmark Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Torchmark Corporation: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Intact Financial Corporation
Knights of Columbus
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Canada
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"