Insurance in Chile
Insurance in Chile industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Chile insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Chilean insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 13.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 8.4bn, equivalent to 63.1% of the market's overall value.
- Chilean interest rates fell from 5% in 2013 to 2.5% by the end of 2017. The 1.3% fall in real average annual wages, reduced attractiveness of insurance products, and a lack of purchasing power contributed to the significant deceleration in 2017. However, demand is still strong in the Chilean market, having the highest penetration of insurance products (approximately 4.9% of GDP in 2017) in the South American region according to Swiss Re.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Chile
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Chile
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Chile insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Chile insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Chile insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Chile insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Chile's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
BCI Seguros 24
Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc. 25
Mapfre S.A. 28
Suramericana de Seguros S.A. 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Tables
Table 1: Chile insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Chile insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Chile insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Chile insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Chile insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: BCI Seguros: key facts
Table 7: Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.: key facts
Table 8: Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 10: Mapfre S.A.: key facts
Table 11: Mapfre S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Mapfre S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 13: Mapfre S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 14: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key facts
Table 15: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key financials (COP)
Table 17: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 18: Chile size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Chile gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Chile gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Chile inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Chile consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Chile exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Chile insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Chile insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Chile insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Chile insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Chile insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Chile, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Chile, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Chile, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Chile, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Chile, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Chile, 2017
Figure 12: Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Mapfre S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Mapfre S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc.
Suramericana de Seguros S.A.
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Chile
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"