Insurance in Europe
Insurance in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The European insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 1,441.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 826.5bn, equivalent to 57.3% of the market's overall value.
- Four countries, the UK, France, Italy, and Germany, constitute 62.9% of the European life insurance market value in 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Allianz Group 24
AXA SA 28
Assicurazioni Generali SpA 33
Prudential Plc 37
Industry associations 42
Related MarketLine research 42
About MarketLine 43
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Europe insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Allianz Group: key facts
Table 7: Allianz Group: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Allianz Group: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: Allianz Group: key financial ratios
Table 10: AXA SA: key facts
Table 11: AXA SA: key financials (USD )
Table 12: AXA SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 13: AXA SA: key financial ratios
Table 14: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: key facts
Table 15: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: key financials (EUR)
Table 17: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: key financial ratios
Table 18: Prudential Plc: key facts
Table 19: Prudential Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 20: Prudential Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 21: Prudential Plc: key financial ratios
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Europe insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Europe, 2017
Figure 12: Allianz Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Allianz Group: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: AXA SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: AXA SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Assicurazioni Generali SpA: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: Prudential Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: Prudential Plc: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Assicurazioni Generali SpA
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Europe
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"