Insurance in France
Insurance in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The French insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 241.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 153.5bn, equivalent to 63.5% of the market's overall value.
- France is the second largest life insurance market in Europe, accounting for 16.8% of the region's value. Swiss Re estimates French insurance penetration at 9.0% of GDP in 2017, above the European average of 6.5%. The high penetration rates suggest a mature market which will constrain significant growth opportunities, bar market disruption or innovation.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the France insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the France insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in France's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
AXA SA 24
BNP Paribas Cardif 29
CNP Assurances SA 32
Credit Agricole Group 36
Macroeconomic Indicators 40
Country data 40
Industry associations 43
Related MarketLine research 43
About MarketLine 44
List of Tables
Table 1: France insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: France insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: France insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: France insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: France insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: AXA SA: key facts
Table 7: AXA SA: key financials (USD )
Table 8: AXA SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: AXA SA: key financial ratios
Table 10: BNP Paribas Cardif: key facts
Table 11: BNP Paribas Cardif: key financials (USD )
Table 12: BNP Paribas Cardif: key financials (EUR)
Table 13: BNP Paribas Cardif: key financial ratios
Table 14: CNP Assurances SA: key facts
Table 15: CNP Assurances SA: key financials (USD )
Table 16: CNP Assurances SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 17: CNP Assurances SA: key financial ratios
Table 18: Credit Agricole Group: key facts
Table 19: Credit Agricole Group: key financials (USD )
Table 20: Credit Agricole Group: key financials (EUR)
Table 21: Credit Agricole Group: key financial ratios
Table 22: France size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 23: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: France gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 25: France inflation, 2013-17
Table 26: France consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 27: France exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: France insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: France insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: France insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: France insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: France insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in France, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in France, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in France, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in France, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in France, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in France, 2017
Figure 12: AXA SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: AXA SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: BNP Paribas Cardif: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: BNP Paribas Cardif: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: CNP Assurances SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: CNP Assurances SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: Credit Agricole Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: Credit Agricole Group: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
BNP Paribas Cardif
CNP Assurances SA
Credit Agricole Group
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, France
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"