Insurance in the Gig Economy
"Insurance in the Gig Economy", report provides an in-depth analysis of the potential opportunities the gig economy can provide, both from a UK and an international perspective. The topics discussed include the potential size of the UK gig economy insurance market, the fundamental aspects of developing products tailored for the gig economy, and what events might impact the gig economy in the future and what will this mean for insurers.
The insurance market for gig economy workers remains relatively untapped. It is not dominated by any single provider, and is instead populated with numerous start-ups offering flexible insurance whereby the policy holder only pays for the hours cover is required. Therefore there is considerable growth potential should an established insurer enter the market and leverage both their reputation and economies of scale. However, regulation will undoubtedly influence the gig economy-and with it the insurance products workers require. This means providers must be agile in order to respond to new developments.
- Currently the gig economy is a relatively underserved market with considerable potential to grow, particularly given the increase in the number of individuals working in this sector.
- The market is predominantly serviced by insurtechs that have sought to establish themselves as key providers, yet with the market in its infancy larger insurers could enter as the market grows.
- The gig economy is not only a new potential insurance market for insurers to develop products for. It could also be used to benefit insurers in other ways, such as streamlining the claims process.
Reasons to buy
- Discover the potential of a market that is currently underserved, but if employment trends continue could be set to grow.
- Identify what elements a gig economy insurance product needs to be successful, as well as what products are currently being offered to gig workers in the UK and overseas.
Table of Contents
The gig economy
The UK gig economy
Insurance in the UK gig economy
Implications on the insurance market
Factors influencing the gig market
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Bla Bla Car
people per hour
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"