Insurance in Greece
Insurance in Greece industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Greece insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Greek insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 4.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The non-life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 2.4bn, equivalent to 55% of the market's overall value.
- According to Swiss Re, Greek insurance penetration is significantly below the European average, at 2.2% of GDP in 2017 compared to 6.5%. The austerity programme decimated purchasing power and disposable incomes in the country, meaning savings are no longer an option. OECD data shows that Greek household savings were negative in 2016, suggesting costs were outstripping incomes and many were entering debt. This has ballooned since 2009, making it difficult for Greeks to put aside for investment products such as insurance.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Greece
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Greece
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Greece insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Greece insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Greece insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Greece insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Greece's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Ethniki Insurance 24
Eurolife ERB Insurance Group Holdings S.A. 25
Interamerican Group 26
Nationale-Nederlanden Levensverzekering Maatschappij N.V. 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 28
Country data 28
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Tables
Table 1: Greece insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Greece insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Greece insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Greece insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Greece insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Ethniki Insurance: key facts
Table 7: Eurolife ERB Insurance Group Holdings S.A.: key facts
Table 8: Interamerican Group: key facts
Table 9: Nationale-Nederlanden Levensverzekering Maatschappij N.V.: key facts
Table 10: Greece size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 11: Greece gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 12: Greece gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 13: Greece inflation, 2013-17
Table 14: Greece consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 15: Greece exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Greece insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Greece insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Greece insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Greece insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Greece insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Greece, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Greece, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Greece, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Greece, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Greece, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Greece, 2017
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Eurolife ERB Insurance Group Holdings S.A.
Nationale-Nederlanden Levensverzekering Maatschappij N.V.
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Greece
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"