Insurance in India
Insurance in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Indian insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 96.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 72.4bn, equivalent to 74.7% of the market's overall value.
- Higher levels of income have resulted in surging demand for automobile, housing and private medical care with related motor, property and health insurance products receiving a commensurate boost.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in India's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
ICICI Bank Ltd 24
LIC of India 29
The New India Assurance Co Ltd 31
SBI Life Insurance Co Ltd 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 33
Country data 33
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Tables
Table 1: India insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: India insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: India insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: India insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: India insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: ICICI Bank Ltd: key facts
Table 7: ICICI Bank Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 8: ICICI Bank Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 9: ICICI Bank Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 10: LIC of India: key facts
Table 11: LIC of India: key financials (USD )
Table 12: LIC of India: key financials (Rs.)
Table 13: LIC of India: key financial ratios
Table 14: The New India Assurance Co Ltd: key facts
Table 15: SBI Life Insurance Co Ltd: key facts
Table 16: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: India exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: India insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: India insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: India insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: India insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in India, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in India, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in India, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in India, 2017
Figure 12: ICICI Bank Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: ICICI Bank Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: LIC of India: revenues & profitability
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
ICICI Bank Ltd
LIC of India
The New India Assurance Co Ltd
SBI Life Insurance Co Ltd
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, India
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"