Insurance in Singapore
Insurance in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Singaporean insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 33.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 21.5bn, equivalent to 63.7% of the market's overall value.
- Positive macroeconomic conditions have assisted the growth of the life insurance market in Singapore. The annualized change in the real income of Singaporeans between 2012 and 2017 was 2.9% per annum. The moderate growth in income will boost disposable income and make it easier for Singaporeans to invest in financial products such as insurance. The country also has a high penetration rate at 8.2% of GDP in 2017, according to Swiss Re.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Singapore's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
AIA Singapore Pvt Ltd 24
Great Eastern Holdings Limited 25
Manulife Financial Corporation 28
Prudential Plc 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Singapore insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Singapore insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Singapore insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: AIA Singapore Pvt Ltd: key facts
Table 7: Great Eastern Holdings Limited: key facts
Table 8: Great Eastern Holdings Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Great Eastern Holdings Limited: key financials (SiUSD )
Table 10: Great Eastern Holdings Limited: key financial ratios
Table 11: Manulife Financial Corporation: key facts
Table 12: Manulife Financial Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Manulife Financial Corporation: key financials (CUSD )
Table 14: Manulife Financial Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 15: Prudential Plc: key facts
Table 16: Prudential Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Prudential Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 18: Prudential Plc: key financial ratios
Table 19: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Singapore insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Singapore insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Singapore, 2017
Figure 12: Great Eastern Holdings Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Great Eastern Holdings Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Manulife Financial Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Manulife Financial Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Prudential Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Prudential Plc: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
AIA Singapore Pvt Ltd
Great Eastern Holdings Limited
Manulife Financial Corporation
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Singapore
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"