Insurance in Spain
Insurance in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Spain insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Spanish insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 72.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- The recovery of the Spanish economy served as a catalyst to stimulate demand in the market. Improved demand for motor insurance products in 2016 significantly contributed to market growth. Growth has been further supported by increasing demand for health insurance in recent years.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 2% over 2017-2022, which is expected to drive the market to a value of USD 80.2bn by the end of 2022.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Spain
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Spain
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Spain insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Spain insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Spain's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Grupo Mutua Madrilena 24
Mapfre S.A. 25
VidaCaixa, S.A.U. de Seguros y Reaseguros 29
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Spain insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Spain insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Spain insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Spain insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Grupo Mutua Madrilena: key facts
Table 7: Mapfre S.A.: key facts
Table 8: Mapfre S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Mapfre S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Mapfre S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 11: VidaCaixa, S.A.U. de Seguros y Reaseguros: key facts
Table 12: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 15: Spain size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Spain gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Spain inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Spain exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Spain insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Spain insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Spain insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Spain insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Spain, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Spain, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Spain, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Spain, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Spain, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Spain, 2017
Figure 12: Mapfre S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Mapfre S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Grupo Mutua Madrilena
VidaCaixa, S.A.U. de Seguros y Reaseguros
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Spain
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"