Insurance in Vietnam
Insurance in Vietnam industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Vietnam insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Vietnamese insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 4.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 2.9bn, equivalent to 61.6% of the market's overall value.
- A growing middle class with improved awareness over insurance products has led to demand in the market in recent years. The rising disposable income of the population, in line with strong growth rates of the domestic economy, has spurred demand for insurance products.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Vietnam
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Vietnam
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Vietnam insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Vietnam insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Vietnam insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Vietnam insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Vietnam's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Bao Viet Life Insurance Corp 23
Manulife Financial Corporation 24
Prudential Plc 28
PVI Holdings 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Tables
Table 1: Vietnam insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Vietnam insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Vietnam insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Vietnam insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Vietnam insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Bao Viet Life Insurance Corp: key facts
Table 7: Manulife Financial Corporation: key facts
Table 8: Manulife Financial Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Manulife Financial Corporation: key financials (CUSD )
Table 10: Manulife Financial Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: Prudential Plc: key facts
Table 12: Prudential Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Prudential Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 14: Prudential Plc: key financial ratios
Table 15: PVI Holdings: key facts
Table 16: PVI Holdings: key financials (USD )
Table 17: PVI Holdings: key financials (VND)
Table 18: PVI Holdings: key financial ratios
Table 19: Vietnam size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Vietnam gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Vietnam gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Vietnam inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Vietnam consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Vietnam exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Vietnam insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Vietnam insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Vietnam insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Vietnam insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Vietnam insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Vietnam, 2017
Figure 12: Manulife Financial Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Manulife Financial Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Prudential Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Prudential Plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: PVI Holdings: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: PVI Holdings: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Bao Viet Life Insurance Corp
Manulife Financial Corporation
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Vietnam
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"