Governance, Risk and Compliance-The Portuguese Insurance Industry
"Governance, Risk and Compliance-The Portuguese Insurance Industry", is a comprehensive source of analysis of the insurance regulatory framework for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, marine, aviation and transit insurance in Portugal. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report provides insurers with access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Portugal, including-
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Portugal.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Portugal.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Some of the Key Takeaway's of the report are-
- ASF regulated the Portuguese insurance industry.
- Composite Insurance is not permitted in Portugal.
- The Portuguese FDI regime allows up to 100% foreign participation in domestic insurance companies.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted. However, insurers from EU Member States can operate either directly or through a branch, based on freedom to provide services.
- Compulsory classes of insurance include motor third-party liability insurance and workmen's compensation insurance.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Portugal.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Portugal.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Portuguese insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor vehicle third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Workers' compensation insurance
2.4.3 Fire insurance for property damage
2.4.4 Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
2.4.5 Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
2.4.6 Liability insurance for tour operators
2.4.7 Health insurance for foreigners
2.4.8 Professional liability insurance for insurance intermediaries
2.4.9 Environmental liability insurance
2.4.10 Clinical trials liability insurance
2.4.11 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.4.12 Liability insurance for Goldsmithing and Contrasts
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
2.5.3 Federation of European Risk Management Associations
2.5.4 Insurance and Pension Fund Supervision Authority
2.5.5 Portuguese Association of Insurers
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.8.4 VAT 72
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData's Services
List of Figures
Figure 1: Portugal-Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Portugal- Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Portugal-Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Portugal-Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Portugal-Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Portugal-Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Portugal-Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Portugal-Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability per Accident per Aircraft
Table 8: Portugal-Stamp Duty on Insurance Premium
Table 9: Portugal-Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2018
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"