Global Polyamide Market Size, Segments, Outlook, and Revenue Forecast 2022-2028 by Product (Polyamide 6, Polyamide 66, Bio-based Polyamide, and Specialty Polyamide), Application (Engineering, Plastics, Textiles, Electronics & Electrical, Sports Equipment, Automotive, and Consumer Goods & Appliances), and Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America Middle East and Africa (LAMEA))
- Slides: 150
- On Demand
- Total Views:1138
- Region : Global
- Ken Research
- Business Research
About the Report
About the Report
Polyamide is found both naturally (silk and wool) as well as through synthetic sources like aramid, polyamide 6, and others. It is being increasingly adopted due to artificial polyamide’s characteristics like strong mechanical qualities, wear resistance, chemical resistance, and low gas permeability along with natural polyamide’s eco-friendly characteristics. According to Ken Research Analysis, the global polyamide market is expected to record a positive CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period (2022-2028) and is expected to reach ~US$ 50 billion by 2028.
The rising demand for polyamide as a substitute for metals to reduce weight is boosting the demand for polyamide in various end-user industries like electronics & electrical, automotive, consumer goods & appliances, and various other sectors.
The global polyamide market is largely driven by an increase in demand from the construction and coating industries, growing demand from other end-use industries, and the waterproof characteristics of polyamide.
- Polyamide is being increasingly adopted in different industries for its waterproof nature and ability to withstand moisture. Waterproof polyamide textiles are being used by several industries to create various goods. Due to its waterproof qualities, it is frequently used to produce athletic and outdoor clothes.
- During the projected period, increasing demand for sports apparel, home textile materials, ropes, narrow woven materials, swimsuits, backpacks, and hiking apparel is anticipated to fuel the demand for polyamides.
- Increasing demand for substitute products and volatile raw material prices limits the market growth.
- The increasing threat from substitute products like polypropylene and polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), is anticipated to slow the rate of expansion of the global polyamide market. When compared to its counterpart, PVDF is a non-reactive thermoplastic that possesses finer qualities.
- Conversely, polyamide has a lesser degree of elasticity, a higher degree of wear resistance, a tougher surface, and a higher degree of UV resistance. In contrast, polypropylene is easier to handle and has higher elasticity, tensile strength, and smoothness, along with a lower elongation percentage. In recent years, PVF is significantly being used as a replacement for polyamide fishing lines.
- Due to supply chain disruptions and nationwide lockdowns, the COVID-19 pandemic hindered the growth of the worldwide polyamide market. As production prices increased as fewer workforces were employed as a result of the pandemic and expanding limitations on the general population, demand for PA6 and PA66 decreased. The consumer goods industries were impacted by a fragmented transportation industry due to a significant demand-supply cycle.
- However, with time, businesses started investing in developing regions, changing the market's competitive landscape, and investments were made in the R&D divisions to enhance the product line.
Scope of the Report
The Polyamide Market is segmented by product and application. In addition, the report also covers market size and forecasts for the four major regions’ polyamide market. The revenue used to size and forecast the market for each segment is US$ billion.
Key Trends by Market Segment
By Product: The Polyamide 6 product segment held the largest share of the Global Polyamide Market in 2021.
- PA 6's special qualities make it a suitable product substitution for materials like bronze, gunmetal, steel, brass, aluminum, and plastics, among others. The producers of electrical protection devices are promoting segmental expansion.
- During the projection period, the demand for polyamide 6 is also estimated to rise as a result of the incorporation of PA 6 for its tensile strength. It is adopted in the premium carpet industry, fishing nets, and travel accessories. To make automobiles lighter and more fuel-efficient, polyamide is used to replace metal parts.
By Application: Automotive application segment held the largest market share in the Global Polyamide Market in 2021.
- The increased use of polyamide in place of metal in the automobile industry to create the interior, structural, and technical parts of vehicles can be attributed to the growing demand for polyamide in the industry.
- The production of cooling systems, rock valve covers, air intake manifolds, airbag canisters, and structural elements made of glass-reinforced plastic based on polyamides is a significant driver driving the market's expansion.
By Geography: The Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2021 within the total Global Polyamide Market.
- The automotive sector has rapidly expanded in recent years, particularly in the Asia Pacific region. The sector has grown as a result of changing socioeconomic patterns.
- Major corporations are moving their developed bases to nations like India, China, and Indonesia due to the availability of cheap labor, beneficial regulations, and government efforts to give attractive FDI legislation.
The Global Polyamide Market is highly competitive with ~400 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players.
Country niche players constitute 60% of the competitors, followed by regional players with 35% of the market presence. Some of the major players in the market include Honeywell International Inc., BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Teijin Limited, LANXESS AG, Invista, Formosa Plastics Group, Koninklijke DSM NV, Domo Chemicals GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings, and others.
Recent Developments Related to Major Players
- In October 2022, Evonik Industries AG expanded its sustainable elastomer line with the launch of a new polyamide 12 (PEBA) elastomer made 50% from recycled tires. Vestamid eCO E40 substitutes 50% of its fossil source ingredients with "materials produced via chemical recycling of old tires."
- In January 2022, Domo Chemicals, a polyamide industry supplier, expanded the market presence of its TECHNYL branded products and has made the products available to its customers globally. Major applications being served by the brand includes light engineering solutions, high thermal and chemical resistance, flame retardant materials for advanced electrical protection, and high aesthetic materials with add-on solutions for friction & extrusion and wear resistance.
- In November 2021, BASF launched a research and development facility at Korea’s Engineering Plastics Innovation Center, Ansan. In addition to other new abilities and a Consumer Electronics Competency Center, the new building contains the combined R&D team and competencies from its recent acquisition of Solvay's polyamide business.
The Global Polyamide Market is forecasted to continue a positive growth during the forecast period. One of the main trends driving market expansion is the high adoption rate of polyamide in various industries due to its properties like strong mechanical qualities, wear resistance, chemical resistance, and low gas permeability along with natural polyamide’s eco-friendly nature. The market is highly competitive with ~400 participants concentrating on expansion strategies through product innovations as well as acquisitions and mergers.
Note: This is an upcoming/planned report, so the figures quoted here for a market size estimate, forecast, growth, segment share, and competitive landscape are based on initial findings and might vary slightly in the actual report. Also, any required customizations can be covered to the best feasible extent for pre-booking clients, and the report delivered within a maximum of two working weeks.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of Global Polyamide Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of the Global Polyamide Market
- Historic Growth of the Overall Global Polyamide Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of the Global Polyamide Market
- Overview, Product Offerings, and SWOT Analysis of Key Competitors
- COVID-19 Impact on the Overall Global Polyamide Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global Polyamide Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Product / Application Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of the Polyamide Market in Major Regions
- Major Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major Regions
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Major Regions
Major Players Profiled in the Report
- Honeywell International Inc.
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- Teijin Limited
- LANXESS AG
- Solvay SA
- Koninklijke DSM NV
- Domo Chemicals GmbH
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Premier Chemical Industries
- Ter Chemicals Distribution Group
- Viscofan Group
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Study Period of this Market Report?
The Global Polyamide Market is covered from 2017-2028 in this report, which includes a forecast for the period 2022-2028.
- What is the Future Growth Rate of the Global Polyamide Market?
The Global Polyamide Market is expected to witness a CAGR of ~6% over the next six years.
- What are the Key Factors Driving the Global Polyamide Market?
The rise in the adoption of polyamide in various industries like automotive, textile, electronics and electrical, etc., is expected to drive this market.
- Which is the Largest Product Segment within the Global Polyamide Market?
The polyamide 6 product segment held the largest share of the Global Polyamide Market in 2021.
- Who are the Key Players in Global Polyamide Market?
Honeywell International Inc., BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Teijin Limited, LANXESS AG, Invista, Formosa Plastics Group, Koninklijke DSM NV, Domo Chemicals GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings, among others are the major companies operating in Global Polyamide Market.
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- Polyamide Manufacturers
- Organizations and Associations Related to Polyamide Distribution
- Polyamide Traders and Distributors
- Government Policy Makers and Regulatory Authorities
- Material R&D Companies
- Consulting and Market Researchers
- Chemical Companies
- Environmental Regulatory Bodies
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022E-2028F
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
1.1 Highlights of Global Polyamide Market Historic Growth & Forecast
1.2 Highlights of Market Trends, Challenges, and Competition
1.3 Highlights of Market Revenue Share by Segments
- 2. Market Overview and Key Trends Impacting Growth
2.1 Global Polyamide Market Taxonomy
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.3 The Ecosystem of Major Entities in the Global Polyamide Market
2.4 Government Regulations & Developments
2.5 Key Growth Drivers & Challenges Impacting the Market
2.6 COVID-19 Impact on Global Polyamide Market
2.7 Total Global Polyamide Market Historic Growth by Segment Type, 2017-2021
2.7.1 By Product
2.7.2 By Application
2.7.3 By Regions
2.8 Total Global Polyamide Market Historic Growth and Forecast, 2017-2028
2.9 Key Takeaways
- 3. Global - Market Segmentation by Product, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
3.1 Market Definition - Segmentation by Product
3.2 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Product, 2017-2028
3.2.1 Polyamide 6
3.2.2 Polyamide 66
3.2.3 Bio-based Polyamide
3.2.4 Specialty Polyamide
3.3 Key Takeaways from Market Segmentation by Product
- 4. Global - Market Segmentation by Application, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
4.1 Market Definition - Segmentation by Application
4.2 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Application, 2017-2028
4.2.4 Electronics and Electrical
4.2.5 Sports Equipment
4.2.7 Consumer Goods and Appliances
4.3 Key Takeaways from Market Segmentation by Application
- 5. Industry / Competition Analysis - Competitive Landscape
5.1 Types of Players (Competitors) & Share of Competitors
5.2 Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global Polyamide Competitors
5.3 Key Developments in the Global Polyamide Sector Impacting Market Growth
5.4 Comparison of Leading Competitors within the Global Polyamide Market, 2021
5.5 Comparison of Leading Competitors within the Global Polyamide Market by Coverage of Product, 2021
5.6 Comparison of Leading Competitors within the Global Polyamide Market by Coverage of Application, 2021
5.7 Comparison of Leading Competitors within the Global Polyamide Market by Coverage of Regions, 2021
5.8 Key Takeaways from Competitive Landscape
- 6. Key Competitor Profiles (Company Overview, Product Offerings, SWOT Analysis)
6.1 Honeywell International Inc.
6.2 BASF SE
6.3 Evonik Industries AG
6.4 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
6.5 Teijin Limited
6.6 LANXESS AG
6.8 Formosa Plastics Group
6.9 Koninklijke DSM NV
6.10 Domo Chemicals GmbH
6.11 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
- 7. Geographic Analysis & Major Regions Market Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts
7.1 Major Region Comparison of Macroeconomic Factors
7.2 Total Global- Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Geography, 2017-2028
7.3 Major Region Market Analysis, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
7.4 North America – Polyamide Market Analysis
7.4.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in North America
7.4.2 Notable Emerging Polyamide Companies in North America
7.4.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Product, 2017-2028
7.4.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Application, 2017-2028
7.4.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Major Countries, 2017-2028
7.5 Europe – Polyamide Market Analysis
7.5.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in Europe
7.5.2 Notable Emerging Polyamide Companies in Europe
7.5.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Product, 2017-2028
7.5.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Application, 2017-2028
7.5.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Major Countries, 2017-2028
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
7.6 Asia Pacific – Polyamide Market Analysis
7.6.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in the Asia Pacific
7.6.2 Notable Emerging Polyamide Companies in the Asia Pacific
7.6.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Product, 2017-2028
7.6.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Application, 2017-2028
7.6.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Major Countries, 2017-2028
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
7.7 LAMEA – Polyamide Market Analysis
7.7.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in LAMEA
7.7.2 Notable Emerging Polyamide Companies in LAMEA
7.7.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Product, 2017-2028
7.7.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Application, 2017-2028
7.7.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Major Sub-Regions, 2017-2028
184.108.40.206 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Middle East
- 8. Industry Expert’s Opinions/Perspectives
8.1 Notable Statements/Quotes from Industry Experts and C-Level Executives on Current Status and Future Outlook of the Market
- 9. Analyst Recommendation
9.1 Analyst Recommendations on Identified Major Opportunities and Potential Strategies to Gain from Opportunities
- 10. Appendix
10.1 Research Methodology - Market Size Estimation, Forecast, and Sanity Check Approach
10.2 Sample Discussion Guide
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.