How a logistics service provider got successfully listed on Philippines stock exchange
Background and Challenge
- The client is one of the leading logistics service provider in Philippines which deals into services such as Freight Forwarding, Warehousing and Value Added services.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Difficulty in evaluating the business strategies : The Client wanted to understand market assessment and potential framework analysis for CEP Segment in Philippines market with focus on understand COVID impact and contacted Ken Research and Strategy Advisory to understand how the market is positioned in the country.
- Difficulties in accessing competition assessment : In addition, the client wanted assistance in competition assessment and future potential to get an idea of the competition and gain more penetration in the Filipino market, hence they outsourced this activity to Ken Research.
Logistics Industry at Glance:
- Philippines is an import oriented country with the imports have rising from PHP ~96.1 in 2017 Bn to PHP ~126.5 Bn in 2022P
- The infrastructural development process has amplified paved roads in the country enabling forwarding services to become more time efficient and also reach to previously un-accessible regions.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1:Provided the Market Assessment
- Ken collaborated with its client to understand comprehensive analysis on the market size of the Philippines Express Logistics sector, player positioning and business strategies for major players aided the client to assess the possibilities of entering in other geographies.
- Ken Research’s team has also assessed the business strategies for major players the overall market IPO Prospectus Filling .
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how the Opportunities for Express Logistics Sector industry.
Phase 2: Key Analysis of white space and competition scenario
- The second phase of work focused on understanding the framework analysis to client to make them understand white space they can target.
- The team has also analyzed the client in terms of strength, weaknesses, capabilities and Service Offerings to deep dive into the market for the assessment report.
- This helped the clients to evaluate total market size pricing and white space for the future projection in the industry and the opportunity in each of the verticals with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration.
Phase 3: Quality Recommendations and advisory for the client
- After identifying and analyzing the multiple demand drivers, Ken provided phase wise plan and constructive strategies to the client to evaluate the COVID analysis and assess the possibilities of entering in other geographies.
- Providing detailed case study on best practices adopted by top players in the market and various expansion strategies in the market.
- Ken has provided a clear road map to the Client in order to enter successfully into express logistics sector.
Result and Conclusion
Market Entry and Product Launching
The client has been able to successfully plan the launch of their services in other geographies and is currently amongst the major logistics service provider in Philippines.
Understanding of Market Attractiveness across Segments
Ken Research provided the client with the existing opportunity as well as the future growth potential of various segment. This will help the client in strategizing their business expansion plans.
Top logistics service provider in Philippines
- Ken Research team also aided client by providing exhaustive advisory in the from of report for public listing prospectus to be considered under Industry Prospectus.
Successful public listing on Philippines Stock Exchange