How a healthcare services provider successfully raised PH 1.2 Bn in primary funding from IPO
Background and Challenge
- The client was a leading provider of high quality medical equipment in the Philippines. The wide range of medical equipment available in the healthcare market has prompted by the client to focus and excel in three categories of specialized medicine: Diagnostic Imaging, Dialysis, and Cancer Therapy.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Limited understanding of the IPO filing research: The Client wanted to create detailed IMR and Industry Prospectus section for their IPO prospectus filing and contacted Ken Research and Strategy Advisory to understand how the market is positioned in the country.
- Required Market Assessment and GTM in stringent timeline : In addition, the client wanted assistance in competition assessment for distributors and extended coverage by providing future projections and outlook for the sector, hence they outsourced this activity to Ken Research.
Medical Device Industry at Glance:
- The total health expenditure in Philippines accounted for about 6% of the gross domestic product in 2021
- The Philippine healthcare system continues to grow as many private equities pursue investments, acquire smaller hospitals, and upgrade hospital infrastructure.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1:Provided the study on medical devices market
- Ken collaborated with its client to understand the Market size and the team did extensive coverage on healthcare sector, demographics, evaluated market size for medical devices and bifurcated on the basis of Diagnostic Imaging, Dialysis, and Cancer Therapy.
- Ken Research’s team has also assessed the various segments and their future prospects to assess the overall medical device market for the IPO filing.
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how the Opportunities for medical device industry.
Phase 2: Key Analysis of competition assessment and
- The second phase of work focused on competition assessment for distributors and extended coverage by providing future projections and outlook for the sector
- The study included deep dive analysis on the parameters including strength and capabilities, service offerings, distributor landscape, diagnostic imaging, dialysis, and cancer therapy.
- This helped the clients to evaluate total market size and detailed landscape on medical device industry in Philippines with focus on Diagnostics Imaging, Dialysis and Cancer Therapy with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration.
Phase 3: Quality Recommendations and advisory for the client
- After identifying and analyzing the multiple demand drivers, Trends and challenges Ken provided phase wise plan and constructive strategies and the team also evaluated competition assessment for distributors and extended coverage by providing future projections and outlook for the sector.
- Providing detailed case study and white space opportunity for the future outlook.
- Ken has been successful in helping the client to leverage the research and was able to apply for public listing prospectus to be considered under Industry Prospectus.
Result and Conclusion
Public listing prospectus for Industry Prospectus
The client was successfully able to curate a public listing prospectus with our support.
Valuable Insights on Positioning Client in the Market
- The competition-specific market assessment that enables the Client to understand about detailed landscape on medical device industry in Philippines with focus on Diagnostics Imaging, Dialysis and Cancer Therapy
Sound Evaluation on Price Benchmarking
Ken Research curated a detailed pricing plan helped the client saves ample of time along with constructive analysis of end users perception over the market.
Raised in Primary funding from IPO