How a Leading car rental player tapped into a market opportunity and garnered 10% market share
Background and Challenge
- The Client is a global transportation solutions provider that offers local and airport rentals, car sharing, exotic car hire and van hire.
- They also offer business solutions for specialized vehicle needs including temperature-controlled vans and accessible minibuses. Enterprise has over 9,500 locations in more than 100 countries.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Barriers in accessing the market trends: The Client recognized the difficulties in assessing the trends, attractiveness, developments, challenges, drawbacks as well as the opportunities of the market and required assistance from Ken Research.
- Require a roadmap for Business Expansion: Ken Research was engaged by the client to undertake an analysis of the Netherlands Car Rental market in order to assess the market sizing, attractiveness, developments and upcoming trends for strategic decision making process for expanding their business operations in the country.
Car Rental Industry at Glance:
- Driven by Increasing Demand from the Working-age Population and Expansion of the Tourism and Travel Industry, the car rental market in the Netherlands has ample growth potential in the coming years.
- Factors such as rise in trend of on-demand transportation services and low rate of car ownership among millennials have propelled the growth of car rental market in the country.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: To identify top players in the market
- Ken collaborated with its client in curating the list of major Car Rental companies in the market.
- Ken Research have approached to management of these companies to assess the current market framework, business potential, customer behavior and future growth in the sector space
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how of the Car Rental Market.
Phase 2: Key Analysis of Competition Benchmarking
- The second phase of work focused on competitive landscape and Market Sizing of the Car Rental Market for the client.
- Deep Dive Competition Matrix was performed including Coverage on market shares based on no of fleet size of different major players in the market.
- Ken Research also provided Market Size on the Basis of Revenue, Total fleet size and Operational fleet size.
- This helped the Client to see through the financial and operational benchmarking of players in the market with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration.
Phase 3: Conclusion and Recommendations
- After identifying and analyzing the competitive KPIs across the market, Ken provided phase wise plan and constructive strategies to the client for expansion in the Market.
- Ken Research also provided the market across various segmentations and parameters including; Strengths and Weaknesses of Major Brands, Major trends in the market, Challenges and Bottle Necks, Government Regulations for Car Rentals in the country
- With quality recommendations and success factors, Ken Research has provided a clear road map to the Client in order to expand successfully into the Market.
Result and Conclusions
Constructive Market Assessment
The competition specific market assessment will enable the Client to substantially develop their understanding about Car Rental Market in KSA.
Holistic Approach driven Competition Benchmarking
The client was well able to assess the competition scenario with operational and financial benchmarking in the market and formulate strategies on how they can penetrate in this space and expand.
Roadmap to growth and efficiency
Client can now take informed decisions as the deliverable covered detailed analysis on the end users, cross comparison of major players based on operational parameters like services provided, fleet size, average rental duration, average ticket size, average transaction values, and more.
Increase in Market Share