How a logistics company received advisory of 50+ KPIs against 80+ companies in 6 different countries
Background and Challenge
- A multinational logistics, courier and package delivery company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- The client is a leading global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions and services that include express courier delivery, freight forwarding, logistics, supply chain management, e-commerce and record management services.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Challenges Faced in Creating Competition Benchmark Assessment: The client wanted to seek an understanding of market assessment as well as competition benchmarking of KSA Logistics and Warehousing Market. Hence, they contacted Ken Research and Strategy Advisory to build capabilities in new logistics segments.
- GTM Strategy for Market Entry: In addition, the client wanted to a enter high-growth markets characterized by high populations and liberalizing economies but had limited resources to formulate strategies, hence they outsourced this activity to Ken Research.
Logistics and Warehousing Industry at Glance:
- KSA has been putting efforts towards diversifying its economy away from oil, thus embarking on an ambitious path to become the go-to logistics hub for the region.
- Expansion in internet services and smart phone penetration coupled with increasing demand for online logistics services have collectively given a boost to development of E-commerce shipments industry in KSA.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: To perform Market Assessment on KSA Logistics & Warehousing Market
- Ken collaborated with its client to curate a detailed market assessment and ecosystem for Logistics and Warehousing Market in KSA.
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- The market assessment also included the potential of Freight Forwarding, Warehousing, Express and other segment, with further understanding on Logistics Vertical Segment Including Cold Chain, Pharma & others which helped the client to get a know-how of the Logistics and Warehousing industry in KSA.
Phase 2: To Construct a Competition Benchmarking for the Client
- The second phase of work focused on carrying out a competition benchmarking to evaluate the competition among major players in Logistics and Warehousing Market in KSA.
- Deep Dive competitive landscape was done to further understanding on Logistics Vertical Segment Including Cold Chain, Pharma & more.
- The client was able to get clarity on competition share & KPI’s with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration
Phase 3: Strategic GTM with Quality Recommendations
for Market Opportunities
- After identifying and analyzing the market assessment as well as competition benchmarking across various Logistics segments, Ken provided Go-To-Market Strategies to the client for market entry and expansion in KSA market.
- Ken Research also highlighted the market opportunities by identifying the fastest growing customer segments in the Logistics sector.
- Key recommendations, sales strategies and success factors were also proposed that helped the client to successfully evaluate the market expansion approach.
Result and Conclusion
Identification of the Competitors and Partner Vendors
Our insights enabled the client to understand the current competition framework under each logistics segment, along with decision making process to shortlist any particular logistics partner
Key USPs and Recommendations to Consider
Ken Research delivered a high level review of business plan with new revenue streams, steps to achieve organic and inorganic growth in the market
Over the Top Value Adds
Ken Research team also assisted the client in identifying the right price points that exists in the market, at which they can offer services, along with the competition framework that exists in each industry vertical
50+ KPIs traced against 80+ companies in 6 different countries