How an IPO advisory helped an omni channel payment solution provider to successfully launch its IPO of INR 680 crore.
Background and Challenge
- Client was an omni-channel payment solutions provider in India provides customized products and services comprising ATM and Cash Recycler Machines (CRM) outsourcing, cash management and digital payment solutions.
- The clients was present in more than 2,200 towns with 470K+ customer touch points and machines.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Barriers in assessing the Overall Market : The Client wanted to assess of the India Payment Services Industry with focus on all major types of payment services including credit card, debit cards, IMPS, AePS, UPI, USSD-BHIM, m-Wallet and POS transactions Hence, they contacted Ken Research and Strategy Advisory to understand how the market is positioned in the country.
- Require a advisory on regulations and COVID impact: In addition, the client wanted to understand the regulatory framework and COVID impact analysis, hence they outsourced this activity to Ken Research.
Payment Service Industry at Glance:
- Total transaction value in the Digital Payments segment reached $ 137.9 Bn in 2023.
- This exponential growth of the digital payment sector is driven by multiple factors including convenience to pay, the ever-growing smartphone penetration, rise of non-banking payment institutions, progressive regulatory policies and increasing consumer readiness to the digital payment platform.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: Provided the study on the buyers journey
- Ken collaborated with its client to understand the understanding the market opportunity by identifying the fastest growing payment transaction segments.
- Ken Research have approached multiple individuals from various companies to assess the current market framework, business potential, customer behavior and future growth in the sector space
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how the Opportunities for Indian Payment Services Industry
Phase 2: Key Analysis of Housing Finance, Customer journey and touchpoints
- The second phase of work focused on understating the regulatory framework and covid impact analysis.
- Deep Dive on Value chain, Gap assessment, and Competitive analysis of the Indian m-wallet Industry and their market share were performed and various Working Model were taken into consideration for the overall performance and regulatory framework.
- This helped the clients to evaluate total market size in the Indian payment industry and the opportunity in each of the payment transaction segment with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration.
Phase 3: Quality Recommendations and advisory for the client
- After identifying and analyzing the competitive KPIs across the market, Ken provided phase wise plan and constructive strategies to the client to leverage its competitive advantages and ways to improve its market positioning in the industry.
- Providing detailed case study on best practices adopted by top players in the market
- Ken has been successful in building a strategy based on the understanding and future scope of the market based on our analysis and successfully file for an IPO.
Result and Conclusion
Constructive Market Assessment
üThe competition specific market assessment will enable the Client to substantially develop their understanding about Regulations, Future opportunities and recent trends in the market.
Understanding of Market Attractiveness across Segments
üKen Research provided the client with the existing opportunity as well as the future growth potential of various segment. This will help the client in strategizing their business expansion plans into other segments.
Valuable Insights on Competition Analysis
The competition-specific market assessment of m-Wallet Industry and POS Terminal Industry and their market share will enable the Client to substantially develop their understanding about Market.
IPO launch of Omni-channel payment solutions provider