How a shrink films provider in India successfully added 10 new clients during first six months of its operation
Background and Challenge
- The client is is one of Japan’s top makers of fibers and textiles, which also manufactures plastic films (industrial & packaging) and resins. The company continues to provide many technologies in a broad range of fields, mainly “high function-products” such as films, automotive products, bioproducts, and few more.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Difficulties in Accessing Competition Scenario in the market: Ken Research was engaged by the client for carrying out a research based market assessment for market share & competition scenario of the entities (manufacturers, converters, end-users) dealing with shrink films in Indian market.
- Limited Resources and Time to Identify Trends and Regulations: Furthermore, the client wished to know the sustainable measures adopted by the entities, government regulations in place, and PET based Shrink Films transition timeline in India.
Shrink Films Industry at Glance:
- The growing retail and hypermarket industries coupled with the rising e-commerce industry with the need for product packaging and safety are primary factors contributing to the growth of the market.
- The shift in preference towards ready-to-eat meals and frozen meals, along with canned products such as vegetables, fruits, seafoods, and meat are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the stretch and shrink film manufacturers.
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: To identify top Companies in the Country
- Ken collaborated with its client in curating the list of major Shrink Films companies in market in India.
- Ken Research have approached to management of these companies to assess the current market framework, business potential and future growth in the sector space
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how of the Shrink Films market in India.
Phase 2: Key Assessment of Market and Pricing Analysis
- The second phase of work focused on a detailed market research on India Shrink Films Market and assessment of potential for each market segment & entity, i.e., manufacturers, converters, and end-users.
- Our team aided client by helping them understand the current competition framework, pricing analysis of the market, as well as provided all relevant facts and figures which will help the client in expanding its operations to India in future.
- Our team also supported the client in understanding Shrink Films production fully by facilitating a full-fledged case-study on one of its biggest potential competitor in the Market.
Phase 3: Conclusion and Analysis
- After identifying and analyzing the Shrink Films Industry, Ken Research also provided the market across various segmentations and parameters including;
- Annual Shrink Production
- Annual Shrink Conversion
- Annual Shrink Usage
- Value Chain Analysis
- Recent trends & developments
- Sustainable measures
- Government Regulations
- Ken Research also provided Thickness Spilt of Shrink Films, Case Study, Pricing Analysis, Cluster Analysis, PET-based Shrink Films Transition timeline, Strength and Weakness and other things for clear understanding of the market.
Result and Conclusion – Used Car Platform was successfully able to expand POS network by partnering with Multi Brand After-services garages at the strategic locations
Constructive Market Assessment
The competition specific market assessment will enable the Client to substantially develop their understanding about Shrink Films Market in India.
With our insights, the client was able to understand addressable market opportunity/ business framework for Shrink Films market in India, competitive advantages and ways to venture and position itself in the industry.
Identifying Right Price Points
Ken Research team also assisted the client in identifying the right price points that exists in the market, at which they can offer services, along with the competition framework that exists in the industry.
10 new clients added during first 6 month of operations