How an IT player was able to get customer survey which helped them to setup enterprise data center in Bhiwandi with the largest built to suit facility
Background and Challenge
- An Indian industrial smart city spread over more than 400 acre project located in metropolitan region of the country with 100% clear marketable title and legal compliance.
- The client aim to become the largest data centre park in Asia with state-of-the-art data centres.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Difficulties in understanding the pricing and data centre requirements: Client required to understand the impact of 5G, IoT and data localization laws in decision making of the clients and Pricing evaluation from existing DCs Hence, they contacted Ken Research and Strategy Advisory to identify all such parameters.
- Insufficient resources for Customer Survey Analysis: In addition, the client wanted to explore customer survey to assess the IT outsourcing and data center requirement, hence they outsourced this activity to Ken Research.
Telecom Service Industry at Glance:
- India had 658 million internet subscribers in January 2022 which is driving the data storage needs and contributes towards the high demand for data center facilities from Telecom and IT industry in these countries.
- The India data center market is witnessing significant investment from local and global investors, including hyperscale operators, driven by increased digitalization as a result of COVID-19, government initiatives, and the adoption of AI, IoT, and big data
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: Provided the study on the Tech advancement and regulations
- Ken collaborated with its client to understand the impact of 5G, IoT and data localization laws in decision making of the clients for captives v/s cloud v/s colocation services.
- End user Journey for DC selection Engagement models , services provided were also accounted.
- 100+ B2B qualitative client survey analysis was undertaken to understand the customers requirement and data traffic needs.
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how the Competitive scenario of Data Center industry in India.
Phase 2: Curation of CATI Survey and analysis of pricing model
- The second phase of work focused on curation of CATI Survey for the survey with optimal parameters.
- The second phase of work focused on analyzing the pricing model for the client.
- Deep Dive Pricing Model Analysis and Engagements model and critical areas for monetization from client side was done to understand the various KPIs of the competitor.
- This helped the clients to evaluate major Pricing from existing DCs and tenants of DC whitespace with eminent and noteworthy Primary Research by Ken Research in short span of time duration.
Phase 3: Quality Recommendations and advisory for the client
- After identifying and analyzing the Data Center Industry and KPIs across the market, Ken provided quality recommendations to the client for the Data Center Market.
- These recommendations included various detailed advisory related to the customer touch points and current offering and service positioning possible.
- These Recommendations included various detailed advisory related to the growth strategies, success factors, Current preference for IT Service mix v/s value spend, Funnel to close the end user lead and pricing strategies to set-up a Data Center Facility in India.
- Ken has provided a clear road map to the Client in order to successfully set up one-stop integrated DC house for various DC verticals.
Result and Conclusion
Ability to Identify the right Pricing
- The client was able to identify the areas of improvement for their pricing model, thanks to a clear and practical prioritization roadmap, provided by Ken Research.
Value Add with one stop DC house advisory
The client was able to position as one-stop integrated DC house for edge computing, core and shell model, wholesale colocation service offering along with managed cloud service business framework
Valuable Insights on overall Data Center Industry
The competition-specific market assessment will enable the Client to substantially develop their understanding about Data Center Market in India.
Setup Enterprise data center in Bhiwandi with the largest built to suit facility