How a Brand Perception Quant Survey with 2000+ respondents helped the client to add over 10 key customers
Background and Challenge
- The Client is a Standard bearer for Digital Infrastructure performance, their Tier Standard has been used in the design, construction and operations of thousands of sites in more than 110 countries, reached out to understand the brand perception among Data Center Operators, Enterprise data center and consultants/advisors in India.
Challenges Faced by Client:
- Difficulties in accessing end user analysis: Ken Research was engaged by the client to undertake the end user perception study for major Data Centers and consultants/ advisors operating in Data Center Market in India.
- Insufficient resources for assessing the decision making parameters of the end users: In addition, the client wanted to explore customer decision making process for selecting a Data Center in Indonesia.
Telecom Service Industry at Glance:
- India had 658 million internet subscribers in January 2022 which is driving the data storage needs and contributes towards the high demand for data center facilities from Telecom and IT industry in these countries.
- The India data center market is witnessing significant investment from local and global investors, including hyperscale operators, driven by increased digitalization as a result of COVID-19, government initiatives, and the adoption of AI, IoT, and big data
Approach and Recommendations
Phase 1: Provided the study on the Tech advancement and regulations
- Ken collaborated with its client to understand the impact of 5G, IoT and data localization laws in decision making of the clients for captives v/s cloud v/s colocation services.
- End user Journey for DC selection Engagement models , services provided were also accounted.
- 55+ B2B qualitative client survey analysis was undertaken to understand the customers requirement and data traffic needs.
- In-depth and detailed discussions were carried out with the top decision making authorities.
- These discussions gave the client possible opportunity windows to know-how the Competitive scenario of Data Center industry in India.
Phase 2: Brand image assessment
- The second phase of work focused on providing data coverage on awareness on certification requirement among different stakeholders in the industry
- Ken also provided data coverage on brand awareness for the client among different end users including Data Centers Operators, Enterprise Data Centers, Consultants and Advisors operating in Data Center Industry in India.
- This helped the clients to evaluate their brand’s perception in the end users’ eyes along with their requirements.
Phase 3: Quality assessment of end user behaviour
- After identifying and analyzing the Data Center Industry and KPIs across the market, Ken also provided quality data points covering the following parameters;
- Brand perception of Uptime Institute
- Awareness about Service offerings
- Awareness about training programs
- Ecosystem of Target Respondents
- Awareness on Certification Requirements
- Challenges and Pain Points faced
- Understanding Price Differences
- Ken has provided a clear road map to the Client in order to successfully tap the market through understanding the end users in a better manner.
Result and Conclusion
Ability to Improve
The client was able to identify the areas of improvement through detailed End User Perception Study in Data Center Industry in India.
Enabling Strategic Decisions
The client was able to take strategic decisions as detailed analysis on the brand awareness of the client, including service offerings, training offered, price difference and value add were provided.
Valuable Insights on overall Data Center Industry
The deliverable covered detailed analysis on the awareness about certification requirements including benefits of certification, process, structure, imperativeness across operational and other domains, enabling the client to take informed decisions.
major top B-Schools added